SIXTY FOUR

WARNING: I don't want to spoil what's ahead, but this chapter is written about the Spa race weekend - please keep this in mind whilst reading. If you don't feel comfortable, please skip this chapter. These next few chapters are the only way I know how to process what happened and these are a form of closure for me. Thank you.

»»————««

CAMILLE

"And he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend again," I chewed on my lip as I sat cross legged in Max's drivers room, unable to look my friend in the eyes as I found the words to explain what happened in Maranello. I thought he would be mad at me for 'taking Charles back too quickly'. "I thought about it for a good few seconds. I didn't want to hurt anyone."

"What did you say?" I could sense the anticipation growing on Max's tongue as he reached for my hands, shuffling himself closer towards my body.

"I didn't want to tell you straight away because I wanted to know that we were working out. We are, everything is so perfect," I finally allowed our eyes to meet and without waiting any longer, Max slipped his arms around my body and pulled me into his chest. "I said yes. I was just so desperate to be his again, Max."

"I'm happy for you. So fucking happy." Max shook his head as he held my face against his chest, allowing me to inhale his warm scent. It was the Belgian race weekend, our home Grand Prix; my family and our friends were all out here with us. Mama and Papa had taken a different route this weekend and were invited, by Charles, to join us in the Ferrari garage, whilst Sofia and Charlotte, along with Max's family and Dilara, watched from his side of the Red Bull garage. I was so excited to have everyone around again and this time, I didn't feel nervous in the slightest about Stefan. I knew that even if he did decide to show up, nothing would happen to me and I was safe in the company of Charles or Max.

I was so excited for this weekend; Max's pop up shop was stocking Victoria's Unleash the Lion jackets and I was modelling a few things for her later on today after FP3 but before Quali. I couldn't wait to model again, as I'd been on a break myself for most of the F1 summer break to spend as much time as possible with Max and Charles. After shooting in the pit lane later today, Victoria and I were heading to the shop with Dilara before Qualifying began. I couldn't wait to see everyone, to hear what the fans thought about Victoria's line whilst also showing support for my best friend. This weekend was going to be jam packed and I was so excited for it.

"I love you so much, Max, and I can't wait to see you smash it this weekend. I'm so glad it's come around already, and there's no better way to start it than to have your support," I smiled, feeling my best friend press his lips to my forehead with a gentle smile. "You're the best. You're the absolute best."

"I love you so much more, you little rascal." Max's childhood nickname for me made me giggle; it was something he called me when we were kids, when we spent our days after school chasing one another around the back garden. I buried my face closer into his chest, my hand wrapping around his wrist.

Something told me that this weekend was going to be one of the best all year. Max was going to smash it and Charles was going to be just as amazing as he always was. I was so excited to be back, in the Ferrari garage, where I knew I really belonged.

--

"Yes!" Victoria clapped her hands as she stood beside Sofia, who was snapping photographs of me in the pale blue Unleash the Lion bomber jacket. I stood in the centre of the empty pit lane with my back to the camera, whilst I glanced over my shoulder with a relaxed look on my face. "You look absolutely amazing! Where the hell is Charles? He needs to see how beautiful you look right now. He needs to see how beautiful his girlfriend is."