THIRTY SEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

"He bought this for you?" Max eyed up the dress which was currently hanging on the back of the door to his driver's room. I was dragging my brush through my tatted hair, which I planned to leave in its sleek, straight way, but I just had to give it a little bit of loving first after keeping it in a ponytail all day.

I nodded, "yes. Isn't it beautiful?"

Victoria clapped her hands as she ran her fingers along the hem of the dress, admiring each and every individual jewel which was sewn onto the material. Both her and Max were helping me get dressed for mine and Charles' anniversary dinner; I couldn't believe that today marked one year of our sweet relationship. We were so happy together and absolutely nothing would separate us right now; the love we shared was so strong and so passionate, neither of us would ever consider looking at anybody else within the current state of our relationship. I was the happiest I'd ever been whilst with Charles, if not throughout my whole entire life.

"What time does Dilara's flight arrive, Max?" I glanced across at my best friend whilst I sat myself on the chair in front of the large mirror in the room. My makeup bag rested on the table, whilst I ran my hands through it to find the products I needed. Dilara was flying in from London this evening to spend the rest of the weekend supporting Max, but I wished she was already here, because she was so excited for mine and Charles' anniversary dinner. We were growing much closer as each day passed and I was quick to call her after being asked to join Charles for a meal this evening.

"Seven," he smiled, whilst resting his chin in the palm of his hand. "Don't worry, I'll show her the photographs of you in your dress, and I'll tell her that you'll catch up with her tomorrow to tell her everything. I know what I'm doing, you've told me about one hundred times."

"I just want tonight to be perfect," I shook my head as I applied the nude lipstick to my lips, before turning all of my attention back to Max, my MAC setting spray in my hand as I prepared to set my makeup. "Tonight has to be perfect."

"And it will, Cami," Max held a suspicious look on his face, his eyebrows knitting together as he gave me a cheeky smirk. "Trust me."

--

"Girl, you are smoking!" Lando placed his hand against my shoulder as I passed him, holding my black clutch against the jewels of the silver dress whilst I waited outside of the Ferrari garage for Charles. Thankfully, it was pretty much empty and no fans were around with their cameras to snap photos of Lando and I together. I wasn't prepared to handle any more silly rumours about a relationship which didn't exist. "Charles is such a lucky guy."

"You're so cute, Lan," I giggled, and allowed him to engulf me into a warm hug, my arms wrapping around his neck to enjoy the moment we shared. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I believe my date has arrived."

"Enjoy yourself." Lando blew a discreet kiss in my direction and I blushed, hoping that Charles wasn't close enough to notice the meaningless gesture. Lando and I started blowing kisses at each other when I was twelve and he was ten, it definitely did not mean anything between us.

Max and Victoria came to hug me one final time after standing behind Lando, and they wished both Charles and I a good evening. Max being Max, and my protective best friend, told Charles to look after me and to bring me home before midnight. I rolled my eyes and shooed him away as I linked onto Charles' wrist, whilst heading towards his supreme Ferrari, which waited for us close to the gates.