FIFTY SIX

»»————««

CAMILLE

Friday; finally the end of the week. Lando left for London this morning, Max and I dropping him at the airport in Nice as he stood before us with his small suitcase, his fingers linked through mine as a sad smile rested on his lips. He left me with a kiss whilst brushing his fingers through my hair, telling me that he would call me when he landed to let me know that he was safe. Whilst Max's back was turned, Lando told me to think about us, to think about my feelings, and I promised him that I would. I wanted this to work out for us, whether it was a romantic thing or not. Lando and I had our fun, the climax of five weeks of building lust and passion, but it would only ever be like that, on my behalf. I knew that I was going to miss him, but some time alone with Max was the best thing for me, especially after receiving Giada's message on Tuesday.

Max didn't react too well to the news, but it was nothing less than I expected. He told me it was bullshit. Lando managed to talk him round, to talk some sense into him and eventually, he came to me and told me that he agreed with Giada. I never thought he would side with Charles, but I knew that despite everything, Max knew deep down that Charles was a good person with no bad intentions. As much as he hated to admit it, he also knew that Charles was the best thing to happen to me. Because Max was my best friend, he had to support my decisions, whether he agreed with them or not, and no matter how difficult it was for him.

Dilara and I were going out tonight, for some girl time, which was well needed at a time like this. It was an opportunity for me to have some fun with my friend, without the stresses of any boy other than Max, and for once, everything involving him was pretty stress free. I'd promised Max that I wouldn't get too drunk and that I wouldn't kiss random boys in the club. I just wanted to dance the night away with Dilara and that didn't sound like a bad idea.

--

As I stood in front of my mirror in my bedroom, holding my fifth outfit option against my body, I sighed and rolled my eyes. I wasn't feeling a plain white piece of material. Dilara was waiting for me to choose something to wear, as she sat on my bed in a cute black dress, one with a lower neck and a belt around her waist. She looked beautiful, but that didn't surprise me because she always looked amazing. Max was so lucky to have her, but I was glad to call her my friend, especially at a time like this. I wished Victoria was here to make our group complete, but she was in Amsterdam with Sophie and promised to see us during the summer break.

"This one!" Dilara giggled, a smile lifting her lips upwards as she held out a brown based, snakeskin dress in front of my eyes. She pushed it in front of my face, nodding at me and I took it from her, removing my dressing gown from my body as she turned around. Dilara knew that I was only comfortable changing in front of only a few people and she didn't want to push the boundaries. I smiled in appreciation, whilst slipping the dress over my chest, flattening the material against my body with my fingers. "Oh my God, yes!"

After tapping Dilara on the shoulder and she spun on her feet to admire my outfit, she wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled. I loved having her around and I felt lucky because Max had met her. Her eyes dragged up and down my body, as the dress fitted me perfectly, emphasising my figure and my bust especially. I bit on my lip. I felt good. Confident. Happy in my own skin. Dilara wrapped a strand of my sleek, straight hair around her finger.

"You look absolutely unbelievable," a giggle left her lips, as I dove into my wardrobe to collect some shoes, shoving a pair of black boot heels onto my feet. "Come on. We'd better get going!"