TWENTY FOUR

»»————««

CAMILLE

"I miss you so much, Camille," Charles frowned, as he pulled his red Ferrari shirt over his head on the other side of the phone. FaceTime was the closest thing Charles and I had to being together right now and even though it hurt me, it was better than nothing. "Two more days until I'm back in Monaco."

Charles had been in Maranello for three days already and he was currently in the middle of meetings with Ferrari about the upcoming 2019 season. I knew he was excited to start driving for his new team, but he also was missing me whilst he was away and I wished I was able to fly out to Italy with him. Simply looking at his face on the screen made me miss him terribly and I was desperate to have him hold me in his arms.

"I miss you," I sighed, as I rolled over onto my other side in bed. I was staying with Max in his apartment, who flew to the Red Bull factory in England the day after Charles returned home. Their schedules worked so well together because it meant I wouldn't be alone. "I can't wait to see you. My heart is beating so fast because I can hear your voice. I've missed the sound of your fucking voice, Charles."

"Baby, it's alright," a smile grew on Charles' lips as he removed the red Ferrari cap from his head.  A careful sigh left my lips as I watched his fingers move slowly through his hair. I couldn't help but mutter under my breath at the sight of Charles right now, desperately wishing that he could be here beside me. "What are you thinking about?"

"You." A smirk tugged at the corners of my lips and he furrowed his brows as he watched me react to simply looking at him. His eyes seemed so bright today, his cheeks so pink and the stubble on his face was more prominent than it had been for a very long while. The movements Charles made with his hands were so effortless and it had me begging for his touch.

"Do you really miss me that much?" Charles spoke a little quieter now and my stomach started to flip as I thought about him whispering like that into my ear. A burning ache began to develop between my thighs and I closed my eyes whilst thinking about Charles with his face buried deep between my legs, his fingertips burning marks into the skin on my hips. "Oh Camille, baby, look at you."

"Charles, I-"

I was interrupted by Max poking his head around my door and I jumped, before pulling my hand away from the waistband of my underwear. His eyebrows raised when he heard muffled words coming from my phone and he soon realised that I was on FaceTime with Charles. I felt my whole body become hotter, my forehead sweating as my cheeks tinged rosy red. I was so embarrassed that Max decided to walk in on me at this very moment. Charles and I were in deep conversation, a rather private one, too, about how much we missed one another.

"Max!" I whined at him, watching as he held his hands up and a smirk ran across his lips. "I didn't even hear you come in. Leave me alone!"

"Sorry, Cami! I didn't realise that you were in the middle of something." Max teased and I was absolutely mortified, my heart dropping towards my stomach as a chuckle left Charles' lips quickly.

"Get out!" I glared at him, watching as he closed the door behind him and ran along to his own bedroom. I glanced back down at the phone screen before me and noticed how Charles was sitting on his bed, with a smile on his lips.

"I can't believe Max just walked in on our private conversation," he sighed, which only caused the feeling in my abdomen to reappear again. I shook my head because I couldn't have Charles tease me like this, especially when I knew Max's ears would be wide open. "Not long now, baby."

"Charles, you're a little shit, but I love you," I giggled, as I ran my fingers through my hair and watched as Charles relaxed at the sound of my words. "I'd best go and see what Max wants. I'll call you later, babe."