FIFTY SEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

I awoke the following morning with an all too familiar scent lingering on the edge of my nostrils. I remembered everything that happened last night, from the moment that guy began to touch me, to collapsing into tears in Charles' arms. I wasn't shocked when his face was the first I saw.

I couldn't help but admire just how beautiful he was whilst he slept. I'd missed waking up to him every morning and it was unusual to be back with him like this, but I couldn't complain. Despite everything that happened between Lando and I, this was truly where I belonged. I knew it would absolutely break his heart, but Lando asked me to figure everything out whilst he was gone. I guess that's what I was doing. I was scared to lift my finger to Charles' cheeks, but it was something I always used to do if I woke before him. I was hesitant because I didn't want to freak him out, but his reaction last night to my drunken phone call seemed to tell me that he was still just as in love with me as I was in love with him. Giada was right. I hated myself for not believing my own boyfriend. Ex boyfriend; Charles and I were was still definitely not together. It was going to take some time to rebuild the trust between us.

I couldn't fight the urge to trail my fingers across his warm cheeks, my nails catching his skin as they moved swiftly over his face. I pushed my body closer towards his, desperately in need of feeling his warmth. Charles wrapped his arm around my waist, his large hand comfortably pressing against my back to bring me even closer. Our foreheads rested together and I closed my eyes as I settled into my new position, the burning sensation of his fingertips making me weak. I'd forgotten just how blissful it was to lie in his arms like this. As he exhaled, small puffs of air from his nose made contact with my lips. I was so in love with him and that hadn't changed. He was so pure, everything about him was so innocent and I couldn't be annoyed at what happened after Giada's message. Charles wouldn't hurt me like that.

"Baby, uh, I mean, Camille?" Charles' eyelashes brushed against my nose as his eyes fluttered open. My stomach flipped when his tired voice filled my ears, before his tongue dampened the skin on his lips. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Perfectly," my bare cheeks grew a little hotter. "You?"

"The best I've slept in weeks," Charles used his index finger to tuck my hair behind my ears. I smiled when we made eye contact, suddenly remembering why I fell in love with his physical beauty. His eyes were the most amazing thing about him, along with his sweet heart and his kind soul. My God, I was so in love with him. "I missed you so much. I missed having you around."

Everything quickly came rushing back to me and I cleared my throat, backing out of Charles' grip because I didn't want him to think that everything was fine between us. It wasn't. Last night wasn't my way of telling Charles that everything was alright and that we were back on track; it proved to both myself, and him, that I needed him as much as we both thought, but we also needed to work on our relationship. I had to break the news to him about Lando.

"We need to talk." I shuffled backwards and used the headboard to prop myself up, a timid sigh falling from Charles' lips as he rubbed his eyes and copied me. He pulled the duvet further up his body whilst also dragging his legs towards his chest. He nodded, as the nerves obviously built in his body.

It was almost like Charles didn't know what to say to me. I didn't blame him, because I had no idea how to initiate a conversation about something that hurt me so bad. I was afraid, but we needed to do this to benefit our relationship.