Family Truth?

Not a romantic one shot. I know. I had a head canon I decided to make into a one shot. I have not yet found my schedule, so I am now making a new one. I came up with this idea after watching season 8 of Ninjago. Headcanon: Mistaké is Lloyd's grandmother. Just think about it for a minute. She has a long history with the Garmadon family. She is part ONI, and has a specific liking to Lloyd, possibly because he is like his grandfather. I think she left the first realm to follow the FSM. When he was gone, she took up a new personality. That explains why she is so attached to the family. She has a special liking for Lloyd because he is like his grandfather. He has his powers, and, most likely, a similar personality to him. She most likely wanted to watch the Garmadons' without having to care for them. ON TO THE ONESHOT!!!

The sun was setting over Ninjago. Everyone was preparing to go back to sleep, except Lloyd. Lloyd was sitting on the roof, stargazing, and thinking. Footsteps could be heard behind him. He turned his head to see Master Wu, standing there. He walked next to him and smiled.

"Anyone sitting here?" He motioned next to where Lloyd was with his head.

"Go ahead, Master Wu." Something seemed off about the way Lloyd spoke. He seemed distressed about something.

"You do not always have to call me Master, my nephew." Wu tried to make him loosen up, and feel relaxed, "Niw do you mind telling me what is bothering you?"

"I've been thinking about Mistaké." He sighed softly, looking back up at the sky.

"Her death was a tragedy, yes. But we must not dwell on the past." Lloyd laughed, then sighed, again.

"It's not that. I mean, I will miss her, but that's not what's been bothering me." Wu waited, letting him continue speaking. "Have you ever thought about your mother?l

"Yes. Both your father and myself have always wanted to know who she was. Why do you ask?"

"Mistaké is part of our family," Lloyd said, "Not a part of it because we're close to her, but because she is my grandmother."

"What makes you think that?" Wu focused on Lloyd. He was no longer looking at the stars, but at Wu.

"Just think about it. She fell in love with my grandfather and came here. Mistaké did not want to draw attention to herself by being with him, so she took on a new personality. She continued to watch over us by helping us when we needed it.

"She helps us a lot, and knows a lot about our family heritage. Mistaké has a long history with this family. Not to mention she's part oni, just like us. I don't know though. It's just...been on my mind lately."

Wu looked Lloyd in the eye. Lloyd was smiling, but still looked thoughtful.

"You may be correct. That is quite the possibility. I find it incredible you realized what I could not since I was a child. I am impressed." Wu finally said, after a moment of thinking. "I believe you have stumbled upon a mystery that seemed to be impossible to solve."

"I guess I did, didn't I?" Lloyd was laughing now, smiling at the thought.

"It is getting late. Shall we go to bed, and get some rest?" No reply. Lloyd had fallen asleep on the roof. Wu laid down next to him, watching the stars.

"Good night, young nephew."

"G'night...Uncle...Wu." A soft reply came.

Wu's eyes closed slowly. Maybe his nephew would be a better Master than he was, one day. He smiled at the thought, before falling into unconsciousness, under the moonlight, with his nephew close to him.