Cat Got Your Tongue? - SmokeShade

I have no idea where I'm going with this, so I'm gonna do what I always do...WING IT! Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to read and review. - Nightflower101

P.S: I'm putting things in sign language in italics.

No P.O.V.

The tournament had begun not too long ago, and everyone was getting on Shade's nerves. The only person who never got on his nerves was Ash.

'Speaking of Ash,' Shade thought, 'I haven't heard him talk before. He must be really shy around people.'

He continued to the dining room. He was the last one to have entered the room. The only seat left was right next to Ash. He pulled out the chair and sat right next to him. Throughout dinner, he saw Ash laughing, but never once heard him talk.

When Ash decided to go back to his room, Shade decided to talk to him. He followed him inside of the room, using his powers so he would not get caught.

"Hey Ash. Can I ask you a question?" Ash nodded his head, still not talking.

"Why don't you ever talk? I don't think anyone's ever heard you before." Shade said.

Ash started moving his hands quickly. In fast motions, he signed 'I am mute. I am unable to speak to anyone who does not know either sign language, or can read.'

"You're mute? I thought you were shy. I never would have thought I would ever meet someone who couldn't speak."

'While I wish I had a voice, I also enjoy being a mute.' Ash signed with ease.

"We should get to bed. We can talk more tomorrow." Ash nodded his head, and Shade snuck out of the bedroom.

TimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTime

It had been a few weeks since Ash and Shade had first spoke, and signed, to each other. They had become very close, and were working together through the tournament.

"Hey Ash, can you hold up for a second?" Shade ran up to Ash, who turned around when his name was called.

"Look, I have to tell you something." Shade said, turning a dark red color.

'I do too Shade.'

"We can both say it, and sign it at the same time."

"1"

'2'

"'3'"

"'I Love you'" They both opened their eyes and smiled. After realization hit them, the blushed and looked away. Shade leaned in and kissed Ash on the lips, softly.

"What's wrong Ashy? Cat got your tongue?"

Shade smirked and walked off, leaving Ash confused as to what just happened.