My Mom Sucks, But Your's Sucks More. (Physics)

Weekly patrol wasn't unusual for any of the ninja. While they typically went together, Lloyd decided to patrol the city alone tonight.  Wanting to clear his head, Lloyd took off as soon as possible. 

Everything seems fairly normal. A few thugs here and there, but nothing he couldn't handle. He brought his hand up to his comm, going to call his friends and tell them he was on his way, but a flash of purple caught his eye. Curious, Lloyd followed the aforementioned figure, staying out of sight.

The figure turned into an alley, and Lloyd waited just be on the entrance, cautiously, Lloyd leaned in, still hidden from view, and listened for anything suspicious.

"Stupid mother. Can't let me make my own decisions." Lloyd raised his eyebrows in surprise. He recognized that voice anywhere. He stepped into the alley, pulling his hood off.

"Chamille? Are you alright?" Her head snapped up, and she glared at Lloyd. 

"Oh I'm just sitting in an alley." Chamille rolled her eyes at him, and rummaged through a small backpack. "How do you think it's going, Garmadon?"

Lloyd cringed upon hearing his last name, but exhaled and brushed it off. It wasn't worth arguing with her. He knew better than to start a fight, so he went with it.

"Is there a reason you were mumbling about your 'stupid parents?'" Lloyd crossed his arms, a smug look rested on his face. Chamille mumbled something unintelligable.

"What was that Chamille?"

"I said, I was kicked out." Chamille exhaled slowly, trying to stop herself from crying.

"Why?" Lloyd asked, his head tilted to the side.

"Because I refused to go out with somebody that I despise." Chamille turned away from him, hiding her blushing face.

"You're mom sucks." Lloyd shrugged. "She's worse than my mother." Chamille laughed at that, turning back to face the green clad teen.

"Really? Woulda thought the Green Ninja would have a perfect life." Lloyd chuckled, and sat down next to Chamille, leaning against the wall.

"I wish I had the perfect life, alas," He tried to stop laughing, "all great heroes have depressing backstories." Chamille was met with her breaking point, and the two of them broke down laughing.

"What's so depressing about your 'Great Hero Backstory?'" Chamille finally asked, as the two calmed down.

"I was abandoned at a very young age, and didn't know I had a mom until 10 years after she left me. I knew my dad existed, but I still didn't have him growing up." Lloyd took a shaky breath, and Chamille grabbed his hand. "I finally got my mom back about 2 years back. She told me she had a reason for leaving me. I couldn't just say no to her, so I pretended everything was fine.

"We bonded over time, but what happened when I was a kid still holds me back. Now that my Dad's gone, she's been flirting with my uncle." Lloyd started to tear up, and Chamille squeezed his hand, gently. As if it was a message only them two could decode.

"Your mom is literally the worst. How do you still love her?" Lloyd turned his gaze to the floor. He waited a minute before speaking.

"Because she's family. Even after all she's done, she's still my mother. It'd be wrong to push her away, y'know?" Chamille nodded.

Lloyd pulled his hand to his ear, listening for a minute. "I'm fine guys.....No! Look, just- just give me a few minutes. Okay, okay. Promise." He pulled his hand away, and pulled Chamille up. "I have to get going, d'you have a place to stay tonight?"

Chamille flashed him a smile, "I think I'm going to head home. I have a mother I need to work things out with." They turned out of the alleyway and started to walk off in opposite directions.

"Wait!" Lloyd turned on his heel, looking towards Chamille. She stood up on her toes, and pressed her lips to Lloyd. "Thanks Lloyd." And just like that, she dashed off, leaving Lloyd alone.