Rejected - Lloyd

A short Lloyd oneshot because I'm sadd. Ill be back on a schedule soon.

It was late as Lloyd Garmadon walked out the doors to Darkley's. A small bag was slung over his shoulders. He sighed heavily as he walked away from the place he had known as home for years. He turned his head, his eyes fixed on the woods in front of him.

————————————————————————————————————————–—————————

Lloyd had no idea how long had passed, an hour? A few minutes? He didn't stop walking, he couldn't. His legs began to give out as he made it to a small town by the edge of the forest. He quickly pulled himself into an alleyway, throwing his backpack on the side.

A whimper came from where the bag was from. A small golden retriever, with a star on its eye, was underneath it. Lloyd pulled the bag off it, and smiled.

"Hey, are you okay?" He questioned, the dog looked up at him. "Sorry about that. I didn't realize you were there." The dog continued to look up at Lloyd, blue eyes sparkling.

"My name's Lloyd." A pause. "Do you have a name," Lloyd questioned, "I guess not...You're a girl, so I guess I'll name you Starry." The dog barked happily, seeming to enjoy a name.

"What happened to your collar? Its all ripped." Lloyd fit the pieces together, coming to a realization. 

"You were rejected too, weren't you?" The dog looked up, interested in what Lloyd had said. "I was kicked out of my supposed home. They didn't want me around. I was forced to leave, and I could only take a few things."

Lloyd sat with the golden retriever, petting her gently. Starry moved up and laid her head on Lloyds lap. They both fell asleep in a few minutes.

"I guess it really wasn't bad, getting rejected. We wouldn't have been able to cross paths." Starry snuggles closer, both of them having the best night they had in a while.

Short, but I didn't know what else to add. Kinda wanted to make something sad, but sort of sweet at the same time. I'll be finishing up some requests in, possibly, this next week. Stay safe, have fun, and be happy. If I'm not going to be happy, someone else has to for my sake.

-Nightflower101