Grieving - Greenflame (Fem! Lloyd X Kai)

IDK. I wanted to do a gender bender so I write this. Enjoy.

It was late. Lucy knew this, but she kept walking. She was walking to her fathers statue, needing to take a break from her duties as a ninja. The sun had set long before she arrived at her final destination. She placed her bag next to her as she laid by the top of the statue.

"You alright Greenie?" A voice asked. A voice she had been familiar with. She looked up and smiled.

"I'm fine Hothead. Just...just." She hesitated. Lucy had no idea what to say to him.

"Taking a break?" He asked, wearing the smirk Lucy was all too familiar with.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that." She took a breath, and sat up. Kai took the seat right next to her. Focusing on the statue, she continued.

"It's just, hard. Y'know? I never thought losing a parent could hurt so much. Especially when you hardly knew them." Tears began to fall from her green, sparkling eyes. She would have loved to not cry in front of her best guy friend, and her crush, but she couldn't control it.

"H-hey! Don't cry, Lucy. It's alright."

"No it isn't! I miss him Kai. It should have been me..." More tears fell from her eyes, faster this time.

"I'm going to tell you something I told Nya when we lost our parents. Bad things are always going to happen, and sometimes, there's nothing you can do to stop it It's not about what happens, but about what you do about it.

"Crying might make you feel better now, but it won't help in the future. And if it's any consolation, everyone else is going to say that they're glad it was him over you." Kai finished, smiling softly.

"What about you? What do you think about me wanting to be gone instead of him?" She looked up, her tears almost completely gone. A few tears still streamed down her face, slowly.

"Close your eyes, and I'll show you in a minute." Kai was smirking, a sign he was either going to do something sweet, or something stupid. Sometimes even both.

Kai moved closer to Lucy. He leaned in slowly and kissed her softly. Lucy's eyes snapped open. She smiled and looked into Kai's hazel eyes.

After a few seconds Kai pulled away. Lucy started laughing, then laid down. Kai followed in pursuit. After a few minutes Kai rose from the ground. He held out a hand to Lucy.

"Come on. It's almost 2:00 in the morning. We need to get home." Lucy grabbed his hand and Kai pulled her off of the ground. They continued to walk home, holding hands.

When Lucy got into bed she fell asleep almost instantly. She kept her eyes open for just a moment, thinking about today.

'Wow, Kai was right," she thought, "I do feel better...Wait, does this mean we're dating now?' She shook her head and closed her eyes. She quickly drifted off to sleep.