Take A Break - Kailor

It's past 10:00 and I have to practice stuff tomorrow... OH WELL! This is way more fun.
-Nightflower101

No P.O.V.

Skylor cashed in the register and walked to the front of the restaurant, flipping the open sign to closed. She sighed softly and sat in one of the booths in the back. There was a knock at the door and she turned towards it. She opened the door to tell them the restaurant was closed, but was surprised to see her boyfriend standing there, in the rain.

"What are you doing here?" Skylor asked, dragging Kai out of the rain, and inside.

"I haven't heard from you in a while. I wanted to check in. You alright?" Kai drew his attention to Skylor's tired face.

"I've been working a lot lately. It's been chaotic here." Skylor answered, yawning in between her words.

"Why don't you take a break?" Kai asked, confused.

"Nobody else would run the restaurant then."

"You can close for one day, baby. It'll be fine."

"I don't know..."

"If you want to take a break, come meet me at the cafe down the street." Kai turned around and left, winking at Skylor as he opened the door.

TimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskip

Skylor grabbed her wallet and keys before walking out of her restaurant. She had managed to find someone she trusted to care for the restaurant.

She turned down the street and walked to the cafe Kai told her about. She walked in, the smell of cookies, and cupcakes filled the air. Kai smiled and waved at Skylor, as she walked over to his table.

"I knew you would take a break." Kai smirked at Skylor.

"You would have kept bothering me if I didn't." She smiled back at him.

TimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskipTimeskip

It was late. The cafe was closing so Kai and Skylor were outside, saying goodbye to each other. Before leaving, Skylor gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll call you if I need another break." She smiled and winked at him, turning around and walking back home.