27

Marinette's POV

"I guess the Inzodiaci twins have caught up to us." Tauraea says while inspecting the sigil inscribed in the ground.

"They shouldn't have been able to find us this early," Shoio paces around, "As far as I know, they don't have anything that'll help them track us."

I look towards the other Zodians to gouge their reactions or thoughts to the current situation.

Most of them have been caught off guard and are waiting further instructions from either Tauraea or Aquamarine. But there feels as if something's off about the sigil on the ground.

"Butterflies." I say. "They're part of the sigil's design this time."

Shoio pales. "You don't mean..."

Loeden sighs. "I've heard about Hawkmoth, but I've never been able to hear about his powers or abilities."

"What can Hawkmoth do, Syren?" Aquamarine asks.

All eyes are on me as I try to think of what to tell them. Just before I can get a word out, I hear distinct voices coming from up above.

"Carapace! Wait up!"

"Cloak!" I whisper to the Zodians.

We all look up to see Carapace, Chat Noir, and Rena Rouge vault over from roof to roof chasing one another, stopping on a rooftop near us.

"Hawkmoth's been a bit too inactive for my liking." Rena says during their stop.

"He's building up power. That's the only thing I can think of right now." Chat retorts, examining his staff for any scratches.

"The Zodians are a hero group of their own right?" Carapace says, "they have their own nemesis and enemies like us, right? It could be that--"

"HAWKMOTH AND THEIR NEMESIS ARE ACTING TOGETHER!" Rena cuts Carapace off.

Carapace gives Rena a dirty look and mumbles to himself, "That was suppose to be my line..."

I slowly start to bring each puzzle piece together in my mind. Could this have been what the Inzodiaci have been planning? Combination of powers is nothing new, however, combining born powers with trinkets stored with powers seems too... dangerous to do.

From what I know, it's never been done before. But then again, the miraculous have been inactive for a long time even before I had gotten a miraculous myself.

I can only hope that this theory is incorrect and the Inzodiaci and Hawkmoth aren't trying to combine natural powers with Miraculous... Who knows what kind of power both parties would hold if they were successful...

"Syren..?"

I look to my left to see Shoio looking at me with a concerned expression on his face.

"Do you think their theory might be true?" Libby asks me.

I sure hope it isn't. I think to myself.

"Based off of the sigil, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't seem to far from what may be going on." I say reluctantly. "Let's hope that my own theories aren't what's really going on."

I turn and look at the team. "Let's uncloak and get some food to eat. I'm STARVING."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hawkmoth's POV

"This is getting slightly out of hand, Inzodiaci twins."

"Come on Hawkmoth! A little explosion never hurt anyone!"

"You forget that I'm old as fuck."

"How old are you anyway?'

"That's irrelevant. How is the combination coming along?"

"It's taking a lot longer than we thought it would, but the sigils are helping a lot with gaining enough energy to combine a miraculous with natural power."

"That's okay, take as much time as you need."

"You're surprisingly lenient Hawkmoth."

"Well, I've learned that if you want the best results, you have to be patient."

"Years of failing to get the creation and destruction miraculous really did a number on you, huh old man?"

"You have no idea..."

"Well... You have the Inzodiaci twins with you now. Once we have this concoction done, we'll be unstoppable."

"Perrrrrrrrfect."

....uhhhhhmmm
...

Hi.
I am sorry.
Inspiration runs dry, ya know?

Uhhhmmm....

Enjoy?

Hahha....

-SearaWrites