01

CHAPTER ONE

EXPOSED: Part One

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

IT was the end of school, I was fiddling with the ends of the shirt, laying my head on my best friend's shoulder, as we sit on the ground floor, next to the principal's office door.

Andy was a quiet kid, like me.
He tries to do the right thing, but sometimes always gets painted negatively, for his acts in good intentions, which was the reason why we are in this position.

The only reason why we were both in this predicament was that a certain bully named Theo - and his group - have been giving Andy a hard time, including me time to time. I try my best to make it all stop, but nothing I do seemed to work.

Either way, Andy's parents are here to talk to the school about it, so Andy can get the help he needs.

The bullying has been affecting him, majorly. His grades are starting to drop and he could barely be himself at school, which I can't help but sympathize with.

"You would think this school's smart enough to just suspend Theo and the rest of those jackasses, don't you think?"
I say, rhetorically, but when I glanced at him, he was extremely engaged with his artwork.

His shaggy ash brown hair covering bits of his eyes, as his pencil shading in the sketched silhouettes.

I try to lean in, to get a better look at the illustrations he was doing, but he noticed and shuts the book before I could see even a little bit of it.

I pick up my head. "Hey, for once why can't I just look at one picture."

"Because they aren't ready yet," Andy argues, calmingly.

I scoff, "You have about nine books filled with drawings that I still can't see because 'they suck' or 'they aren't ready yet'. When will I finally get to notice your talent?"

"When they are actually ready and don't suck."

I punched his shoulder. "Don't say that."
He only laughed it off though, putting his sketchbook away in his backpack.

Finally, Caitlin - or Cait - Strucker came out of the office, making Andy stand up and help me up and off the ground.

"Come on Andy. Lux, would you like to eat dinner with us, again?" She invites.