18

X-roads II

❅ ❅ ❅

Jack, Andy, and I ran to the second floor.
We had to push past people to try and help evacuate, soon as we made it to where Andy needed to be, to pack his stuff for himself.

As run to help him, Jack pulls my shoulder, telling me, "I'm gonna help people downstairs. I'll come find you."

All I did was nod my head and we both went our separate ways.

"W-Where's Jack?" The Strucker boy asked me.

"Helping people, Andy, we gotta move!" I urge him.

We both hurried ourselves to pack his bag, which we finished downing right before a call for Andy was shouted from behind us.

"Andy!"

We both turn our heads to see Lauren make her way to us.

"Why the hell are we evacuating?" I ask her, with her brother by my side.

"Sentinel Services," She answers, "They're coming."

I cussed a storm in my head.
How in the hell did they find us all?

"What are we gonna do?" Andy questions, "They're attacking our home. Are we gonna fight?"

"We will do whatever we have to do to protect these people. That is our job." Andy's sister turns towards me. "Are you and your brother in?"

I look at Lauren in the eyes, with determination. "You don't even need to ask."

All of us spread out to help more people.
As I help stuff as much blankets and clothing into a bag, I caught the sight of Jack, who communicated with everyone in hopes of knowing what to do to help everyone.

"Everyone, listen to me."

All of us turned our heads and quieted our voices to Reed Strucker, who seemed to be the one who had a plan to get us out of here.

"We are not giving up. We're gonna fight. And we're gonna get out of here today. Now, I might not have started out as one of you, but I am now. And I'm tell you all, we have a chance if we work together."

Everyone seemed to be on his side, since there was no one left to take leadership.
Both Jack and I made eye contact and nodded our heads, signaling that we both were going to help fight for the Underground.

"If you've been in combat training, we need you up here," Caitlin orders, "Everyone else, help down in the vault with me."

"We don't have much time! Let's go!"

Everyone separated to either fight or help make an exit.
As I ran to where they needed us to fight, I heard a megaphone, from outside, call for all of us.

"This is Sentinel Services. We've surrounded the building. Surrender immediately."

I stood between Jack and Andy, where Reed was the one to call the shots.

"Pedro spotted them coming from the road," He told us, "which means they're gonna focus on the front. So our job is to stop them there."