12

outfoX II

❅ ❅ ❅

"We need you to do the same thing to the substation transformers that you did to the prison convoy bus." Marcos tells the Stucker siblings.

Marcos and the rest of them brought a meeting for the Strucker family and I.

Apparently, the new agenda is to break into a very high-tech company.

As I was sitting next to Andy, I automatically felt ready for this task.
If Jack was involved with this company, in any way, I want them down.

"Now, you don't have to do this. We know it's amor to ask, but... now we just don't see another way."

"Look, we want to help, but why does it need to be Lauren and Andy?" Reed questions.

"Well, because we need everyone else with combat powers to assault the lab, especially since Lux will be with them. Now, we think that we can take down that power substation without putting them at any risk."

"So exploding high voltage transformers is the safe job?" Cate gave a concerned look.

"In this case, yes." Lorna replies.

"Sage hacker the security cameras. The station only had a hand girl of guards. Clarice will get everyone in. Sonya will guide them." Marcos father explained.

"We've been through every option. This is the only one that works." John reasons.

The Strucker parents looked at us for our opinion.

"I'm down." Andy was the first to speak up.

"You didn't even need to ask." I say, with a smirk.

"Let's do it." Lauren spoke.

"Okay. But Caitlin and I need to be the ones monitoring the security."
"If our kids are there, we are, too."
Reed and Cate tell them.

"Look, Sage will set you up, show you what to do." Lorna assures.

"All right, everybody get ready. We move out in an hour." John announces.

Everyone gets up, but before I followed Andy, I made eye contact with the young women.

She looked pleased with everyone and was almost calculating everyone's movement.
She had straight shoulder length hair, with her roots being a faded brown and the rest blonde.

The women quickly looked away at me and walked away.

§

As I was throwing on my dark jacket, Andy came up behind me, with a hug.
I gave him a small smile as I turn kissed him on the cheek, making him be bashful and almost forgetting why he even came to me.

He then asked, "W-Wasn't expecting that, but, um... Are you sure you want to go with us? 'Cause I'm sure Lorna and them would let you hang back if-"

"Of course I'm sure. Why would you think I'm not?"

"W-Well, with your dream, you being, I don't know, 'jumpy'? I just don't want you to go in, like you were forced or something."