02

CHAPTER TWO

EXPOSED: PART TWO

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Mo-Mom, calm down!" I try to console my mother.

I was on the phone with her to make my low battery last. Andy and Lauren were a few feet away, and was by the car, waiting for me and watching over, as Caitlin was on the phone with Reed.

    I couldn't just leave my mother to wonder where I was, I was sure when she does come home, Sentinel Services will be there.

    "A-Are you safe? Did the mutants attack you?!" She shouts in panic.

    "No, mom... they didn't attack anyone."

    "Well, by the looks of the of the destroyed school begs to differ, Lux!"

   "Look, mom... I-I have to go away, f-for a little while," My voice breaks, "The Struckers will take care of me. I won't be home."

    "Wait, a little while? Hold on, what's going on?" My mother questioned me.

    "I can't talk for long, mom. It's just for your protection——"

    "For my protection? Honey, is this about the mutant attack? Don't worry, those muties will be dealt with by Sentinel Services."

    "No, mo——"
    "That is what muties do. They are all terrorists."

    "Mom, I'm the mutant!" I broke.

    There was a silent pause at the other end, I still could hear my mother's heavy breath through the phone. I could imagine her face turn against me, it radiated through me.

    "Mom... it was all an accident. I didn't mean to hurt a-anyone. Andy just discovered his powers a-and I had to make sure nothing fell on us so..." Even with my explanation, my mother had no reply. "Mom! Answer me, come on!" I start to shout.

    "Lux. Don't ever come back to my house. Don't you ever come back to this town or I swear, you will make sure you'll regret it. You...  mutie," My mother roars in hate.

    "Mom, you don't mean that!" I say, with tears falling down my eyes. "You're my mother."

    "I'm not your mother. You are no daughter of mine," She sneers, "If I meant putting my own son into Sentinel Services hands and not regretting it, for a single damn second, I sure as hell means by disowning one of my greatest disappointments."