16

eXtraction

❅ ❅ ❅

Andy finally was clear.
We decided to just hang out in the vault, where Andy was reading that mutants history book he found in the library, while I was reading just some boring novel.

I wasn't with Jack, because him, the Frost triplets, and John's group had a mission to go on, and Jack thought it would be best for me to stay with the Struckers.

We are fine, just letting our silence comfort us, until Lauren decided to join us.

"Are you seriously reading that book again?" The blonde asked her brother.

"Why do you care?" Andy filled through the pages.

I look up to her. "I would expect you to be with Wes, your boyfriend."

"Wes went back to Augusta, for your information," Lauren tells me, then goes to her sibling. "You barely put that thing down."

"So?" Andy shrugs. "There's stuff about our family in here, even Lux's. You're not curious?"

"No, thank you. I know all I need to know about our psycho great-grandfather."

"He wasn't a psycho," The Strucker boy snaps.

I decided to help the situation a bit. "I mean, the book was written by humans, so... it can be bias, right?"

Andy explains, "Andreas and his sister were trying to build something. Uh, a-a place for mutants."

"Andy," Lauren scoffs, "Why don't you look around? We are literally in a place for mutants."

"No, no, I don't mean, like, a place to hide. That's all we're doing here..."

"No, no it isn't," The older Strucker defends, "The Underground is saving people. Those people were murders."

"But, if were to be talking about the American Revolution, we certainly won't call George Washington a murder, for fighting back against England," I argued.

I could see where Andy was coming from.
Personally, I felt the von Struckers were in a position of lawfully evil.

They were terrible for killing people, but they did it to protect mutants from humans, so said what came from Andy's book.
Even so, I don't get how people can see them as the bad guys, but Columbus and George Washington the good heroes of America.