05

CHAPTER FIVE

EXIT STRATEGY

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Three years ago

"JACK, come on!" I yell my brother, as we were running away in panic and fear.

My brother and I were at a big junkyard site that everyone seemed to forget and abandon. We have always come to explore for a bit and had good harmless fun, while our mother was at work.

"Go, go, go, go!"

But what we didn't know what that as we are fooling around with the stuff, a guard dog was with us, and was ready to attack.

Jack hurried to throw almost anything at the big guard dog, who was chasing us to get out, growling and barking to us from behind.

I reach the fence and quickly climb myself over it, I jumped at the top of the fence and fell on my arm. I recovered and didn't notice my brother at my side. My green eyes saw Jack, who was still on the other side, looking straight at the angry dog.

"Jack!" I scream in worry, as I ran to the fence.

I could tell he was scared, from his shaking body that held a long wooden board in his left hand, and the silent responses he gave.
He was in deep trouble. The dog deeply barks before at him, running and jumping onto my brother.

Before the guard dog could even touch him, out of nowhere, a bolt of lightning came from the sky and strikes Jack.
A big boom happened in front of my eyes when the lightning touched my brother, a force pushed the dog and me away from him.

"Jack!!"

I gasp from my landing; the wind getting knocked out of me.
I couldn't process what happened... I couldn't unsee what had happened to Jack. I steady my dizzy head and looked at my brother. My eyes started to widen and tear up from the sight.

There stood my brother, with lighting hovering around his clothed body and in the fingertips of his hands. He lifts up his hand, his entire body levitated. Jack shoots a bolt of lighting around the big dog to scare him off.

The big mean animal got the message quickly and ran away from him and me.
I sat there shocked.
My brother was a mutant.