11

outfoX

❅ ❅ ❅

1 year ago

The Strucker's had invited me to the park to do something for the summer.

Andy rode his skateboard, while Lauren and I followed.

As Lauren watches Andy do his skateboarding tricks, I was on the ground, already sweating and feeling tired.

What I've learn from my powers were that the heat was my biggest weakness, obviously, so summer's sun wasn't doing me any favors.

Heat makes me have the urges of using my abilities, I start to sweat, become exhausted, and I start to hallucinate a bit.

Stupidly, I wanted to come because the weather said it would be partly cloudy and have a small breeze... clearly, they lied.
It was super sunny, no clouds, and no breeze.

"Hey, you good, Lux?" Andy asked me, still on his board.

"Yeah," I sigh, wiping the small sweat from my forehead, "I'm just not use to the sun."

"That's because you never go outside, unless it's like negative 3 degrees."
"Shut up."

"I can't say I agree with you. I like the heat." Lauren comments, helping me get up off the grass.

Andy did a simple trick and then got an idea.

"Wanna try that?" He asked his sister.

"No, I'm not gonna do that." She tells.

"What do you mean?"
"I don't skateboard."

"Yeah, you can." He insisted. "Here. Back foot on the tail, front foot halfway up the deck."

The blonde girl looked at me.

I replied, "Seems fun."

"Yeah. Pop and flick..." He demonstrated, "like a karate kick, okay?"

"I'm gonna fall, no." She says.

I start to chuckle, but Andy still was determined to make her try.

"Trust me. I'm-I'll be here. I can catch you. Look, Lux will help, too."

"Promise?" Lauren looked at the both of us, suspiciously.