08

CHAPTER EIGHT

EXTREME MEASURES

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

   "I swear, if Lauren and that... guy is up there, I will——"

    "You're not pushing them off the railing," I tell Andy.

    "But that's our spot!"
    "Since when? We only found it yesterday."
    "Therefore we found it first and before them."

    Andy and I were trying our best to find Lauren. Cait was almost done with food and Lauren hasn't been seen in a while.
    We have noticed though that she has been hanging out with Wes, the boy with the power of illusions.

    We've met him before, I think he's okay, he certainly was better than the Kasen boy she dated before. I really don't know Wes well, and I'm not gonna judge a person if I don't know them enough. Andy is okay with him, from what I've seen, but right now, Wes is on the bad side.

    We got up the roof and saw them, almost about to kiss... yet Andy ruined it.

    "Hey. You guys get checked for herpes, right? I hear it's super contagious."

    I smacked his head for interrupted their moment as Lauren rolled her eyes. "Way to be a stalker, Andy."

    I spoke up, "Caitlin told us to come get you. You know, lunch."

    Lauren sighs and walked away, followed by Andy. I turned to Wes, who was practically dazed looking at Lauren, he was love-struck. I mouthed a simple, 'sorry' to him as I left to catch up with the two Strucker siblings.

    We walked to the table, where bowls of Macaroni & Cheese were at our seats. I took the chair that was next to John's dog, Zingo.

    "Hey, what took so long?" Mrs. Strucker asked us.

    "We couldn't find her, so we decided to look on the roof," The boy answers.

    When he finished, Lauren hit his head sneakily, while he takes the chair next to mine.

    Cait scolds at us, "The roof? Guys, you're not supposed to go on the roof!"

    "Yeah. We checked and she wasn't there," The teen boy lied, "Where were you again?"

    "Um, downstairs. Supply room. Just lost track of time," Lauren also lied, "This Mac And Cheese looks great. You do something different?"