03

CHAPTER THREE

RX

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

One year ago

The Strucker family and I were all in a bowling alley having some fun since Reed's mother came for a visit.
It was a good game - girls against the boys - and luckily for our side, I was an excellent bowler.

Cait's ball rolls and hits a few pins, but not all of them. Everyone cheers for her and laughs.

"You may want to reconsider your professional bowling career," Andy's father comments.

"I told you, the ball is broken. You sure you don't want to play?" The woman's last sentence was going to Ellen Strucker.

"Hell no, I'm not going out there," Ellen replies.

The Strucker siblings and I laughed at the old woman's sassy words.

"Come on, Mom. Didn't you and Dad used to hit the lanes?" Reed asked.

"Oh, please. Love of bowling was one of the many things your father and I did not have in common."

Andy goes up to the lane and blows on his fingers.
"Observer the master," He says, cockily.

"Boo!" Both Lauren and I booed, from where we were sitting.

"Boo," He mocks.

The boy turned and runs the bowling ball onto the lane. The ball rolled and hit dead in the middle, earning the boy's team a strike.

As Reed and Andy cheer, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at my best friend's goofiness.

When Lauren goes up, Andy sits on the ball returner and giving me funny faces, to which I reply in a laugh.

Of course, as Lauren was going to bowl, Andy starts to beatbox, to make her lose focus.

"Seriously?" The older sibling smiled at her brother.

"I'm just giving you theme music," He rapped, continuing to beatbox.

Lauren though tried her best to ignore her brother and bowled the ball, earning us 9 out of 10.
The adult Struckers and I cheered for the girl, Andy gave her a  jokingly remark, "Not as good as me."