09

CHAPTER NINE

EXISTENCE OF DEATH

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I woke up, dazzled out of my mind. The last thing I can remember, clearly, was hands covering my mouth and head, as they take my consciousness away.

Here I laid, in a meadow filled with daisies and wildflowers all around me. The sun was shining and trees circled me like a bubble.
This place seemed calming, peaceful, and quiet... I didn't feel anything like it.

I was scared, in a panic, and vulnerable, but also mellow.

Where was I?
How did I get here?
Where's the Strucker's?
Where is Andy?

I then begin to think I was dead like I was killed in my sleep or something...
Oh god, what the hell happened to me?

I ran away and to the trees that were in front of me, to try to get out of here, but as I get closer and closer, the harder it was to get there like some force was pulls me away.
My body, though, ran into a wall, an invisible wall basically trapping me in here.

I put my hand on the force line and seeing my hand creating waves of movement to the entire bubble, but not letting me leave.

"Hello!" I shout. "Anyone? Let me out! I wanna go!"

No one replied.

I start to fight this force around me, which got me nowhere.
I tried to use my ice, that only led to the force pushing me out in the middle of where I woke up, having me land hard in the grass.

I growled from this pointless escape. "What the hell?!"

❅   ❅   ❅

Back with headquarters, Andy was searching for me. Since the early morning when he didn't find me when he woke up, the boy looked high and low, until he realized that I wasn't there; I vanished.

"Guys!" He came into a meeting with all the adults, in a frantic state.

"What's wrong?" Reed gets up to go to his son, followed by Cait.

"I-It's Lux. She's gone!"

"What do you mean 'gone'?" Thunderbird, or John, has a confused expression.