Volume 1 : Chapter 4

"Thanks, Zetta for saving my Familia", Artemis put her hand unto her chest while saying so.

After regrouping with her Familia at their camp. She thanked me. Others followed suit and bow, simultaneously thanking me

I look around and was looking for someone "ahh, that child of yours are stable now. So, no need to worry" Artemis look at me and smile. I sigh in relief hearing them.

The girls overreacted with 'EH!?' face.. "then, If you'll excuse me. I will continue my journey now" ignoring them, I bow at the Goddess Artemis and went out of the tent.

At that moment, a girl with with redbrown hair and eye, followed me "Wait, mister Zetta!" she said. After that, she dragged me towards the nearest tree and explain their Familia circumstances. They've been in this forest for almost 2 years now and no matter how many Monsters lair they destroyed, the monster here didn't stop spawning. So she says. And last month, they decided to separate their party and destroy any of monsters nest. But nothing happens and sadly, 2 of their Familias, died because of Rethusa's command of dividing their group.

This girl's name was Rethusa and was the captain of Artemis Familia, and was responsible for other members safety. Feeling guilty, she's almost going to break as she burst out in tears while telling the whole story. Though, none of the members berated her decision caused by others death, it made her even more guilt and her heart feels like going to burst. Is what according to her.

Why she said it? Simple. She wants me to help them destroy this seemingly unendless monsters.

"Im sorry. But, I'm afraid we'll be dead before destroying this monsters lair. And I don't want Artemis-sama to die too" She said so and wiped her tears away. The girl with bright smile in amidst of the chaos just a moment ago and cheered her members. Cry in front of a man she just met.

I still don't get it. Gods descend in this world but didn't use their power to destroy monsters. They either chose to die and reincarnated again than destroying monsters. Well, thats none of my concern. Weather they're playing for fun or seriously helping this world. I don't care as I too, have my own Adventure.

I looked above the sky, whose going to dark a moments later, and close my eyes for a bit..

※ ※ ※

P.O.V. of Lante

Hearing our dear leaders cry. It struck my heart hard... I was actually curious why she'd followed mister Zetta, so I hid at the nearest tree, enough to hear their wirds...

So, all those incident are still lingering deep inside her heart. She smile and laugh as if none of them happens but deep inside, the guilt are still there.

We mourn but those who die are always in a process of reincarnation sooner or later, is what Artemis-sama always said and we believed so.

Thats why, we are ready to die in every battle for her. But, being a leader is indeed very hard and Rethusa leader are carrying this burden this whole time.

I wanted to comfort her but mister Zetta said a word while looking above sky "Adventurers Adventure... is what Gramps said to a person who risk their lives for others and for themselves"

"If they die Berating you, so be it. Be more guilty. but if didn't or they did it to save you, move forward if you still have something to protect. I don't know what or who. But, you are alive right now and they're dead. They too know their limitations, and that is their dead end. You have to move and facing forward, whats done is done. Whats important is the present and ready yourself for the future.. You came here to ask for my help because you're unsure of tomorrow and your members lives within your hands, because you still have something to protect. That is enough to hear. Then, so be it, I'll help. But remember to do your job too and don't slack off" With his words and smile, I hear Rethusa leaders cried and nod. I clench my fist hard as if it was easy for him to say those words. But I still believe in him. We are alive, and they are dead. For us who are still here.. we have to move forward and face tomorrow.

I don't know mister Zetta's limit of strength but I believe he can help us into this battle.

"And maybe, open your heart towards your members too.. they might help you carry that burden, the one they called friends, afterall, you're not alone in this battle" he stands up and smile, and look towards my direction. Did he saw me? after that, he walked away.

※ ※ ※

Night of the same day... inside the Orario

"Urmpf!!!~ mou~ your stats abnormally rised up again!!" As one of the virgin Goddess pouted and look at her only Familia member and thought 'is it because of Liaris Freese? Grrr! That Wallenwhatsitsname infected my Bell's mind' is what she thought while reaching out a piece of parchment to a boy.

"Yaay!! Amazing~~" the boy with white hair and red eye, at the same time, raise high his current status appeared in a parchment given by his Goddess after checking them as he appeard to be very happy

※ ※ ※

The Next day. The girls are all ready to roll out to destroy any lair they already mapped out. I look at them from the sideline while Artemis-sama are giving them an impressive speech that made the wind calm which even birds chirped as if they are synching at her very words.

So, this is the world where Gods resides. They look human but warching her, made my heart and mind calmed down.

I was now wondering if the girls are helping the alliance, raiding an enemy Faction's Boss again. Sigh.. or they've been kicked out because I wasn't there anymore. Nope. Nik and Jim won't let that happen..

I snapped back to reality and the girls are now departing. They didn't distribute their manpower and instead will destroy the monsters lair one after another in blitz. I too have the copy of the map where monsters lair is. I opened my inventory and thrash the map inside, Artemis-sama at the same time walk towards me, while Her guard, the pallum are raising the iron fence to protect their base to defend from monsters who came, on the other hand, the child I saved are still unconcious inside of her tent.

"I'm sorry for giving you another trouble" Artemis-sama seated down near my side. "Its alright, Orario won't run on its own", I intend not to jest but she chuckle.. I mean, thats an old joke!

"Orario.. I wish I and my Familia can go there someday" she looked above the blue sky. I, then munch one soft candy that I stacked inside my inventory for the purpose of eating them while killing monsters. Sadly my system doesn't have a store. So I consuming them slowly.

Watching the scene. Artemis ask in bewildered "W..whats that?", I answered with "soft candy. want some?" and reach out one unto her hand.

"You can go there.. to Orario, I mean" and so I reply at her first sentence.

with a few paused, she response "But I can't leave the place where monsters are still lingering" and open the candy and put them inside her mouth with 'Uhm' word and munch them. well, that was strawberry flavour and one of my favorites. Of course thats delish.

"And you exchange the lives of your familia for others sake?" She flinch by my words. "You can do that if they're strong enough. You can help others but remember to prioritized whom you should have to protect first..", noticing her didn't made any movement other than her lower jaw slowly munching the candy, I added "If they're strong enough not to die.. then I guess thats alright", I glance back and her eyes are enlightened looking at me "Yes.. at the Orario where the dungeon resides. They can train there to become even more stronger. Well, thats your decision and not mine" I then stands up "welp, I'll start to wiped the remaining lair then, see you later", as I dash out.

I partially know why my gut feel is crying after saying those words..