Volume 1 : Chapter 5

Checking the map again after destroying one of the nearest monster lair, I closed my eyes for a while. for some reason, moster lairs are all cave-like. And by destroying the core even if you didn't killed its Guardian did the monster stop spawning. Its kinda like of a mini dungeon, I say..

The map was at my A.R. Interface that resides on my upper right vision and can show and hide them anytime I want. And after destroying 2 lairs in less than an hour, I close my eyes again. I did this because I still cannot adapt to this kind of interface as if I was wearing helmet and have an A.I named Jarvis, so I close my eyes for a shortwhile as I was feeling neuseated. Actually, the AR isn't that usable in this world at all so I deny on using them until and only now, so I was adjusting myself from using it for the first time in a while. As for why I didn't use it? well, it only shows is like an unexplored territory that consists of only blank areas other than the place I already went into. Im sure this is more useful than dungeon rather than world Adventuring.

And so just like that, I called it a day after noticing that the sun is going to set soon and return to the camp, I already destroyed 13 lairs and almost clean this the forest of Elsius, where Elsus Ruins resides. I also stored my loot at inventory after creating a folder called <This World's Loot>. I have to separate the drop items here and my game loot as I still don't know the value of the item I have..

※ ※ ※

"Welcome back!" Artemis heartly said and grab ahold of my arm with wide smile.. but the atmosphere of her familia is heavy as thunderclouds, more like, their stare pierced me. Again, my gut feel are kicking in

"Is.. there something I have to know?" I asks her whilst Lante moved forward. "Our Goddess decided something where majority objected" as she too glare at me. But hers are different. Tilting my head, I look at Rethusa, Catana, to Straight and the rest.

"Artemis-sama! please reconsider!", hearing a words from one of her Familia I sweated heavily. And so they tell their Goddess decision, Artemis decided to travel with me towards Orario along with her Familia so they can gain more experience.

Is that all? After that, one of them says "I'll quit then. To think even Gods are not true to their words!" As she stomp her feet on the ground and walked away, others followed suit and murmured 'Traitor!'. even after hearing those harsh words, Artemis didn't stop her Familia's from leaving. In the end, of 20 members only 8 remained. "I'm sorry, I was a failure of a Goddess afterall.. But-". Artemis release my arm and swept her transluscent drop of tears while looking below ground as she then explained that she think those decision over and over for a whole days, but who would have thought more than half would quit her Familia?. It hurt her more than anyone as she really love her members but... her decision was final and others are already leave. And the no rurning back so I unconciously pat her head "Don't worry. Atleast you now know who your true Familia is.. In the end, they quit just because of petty reasoning", I saw the reflection of Asuki from her. But after realizing she's a God. I immediately pulled off my hands and apologize. Assuming her goal is to having a strong members I said those words. "But thats not the reason they leave, you know?", Lante pouted and look at me. Others nod in unison while arm crossed

Thereafter, we seated nearby as Rethusa summarize their raid. she also determined to destroy all monsters lair before going to Orario and Artemis approved as this was her resolve for her fallen comrades. But after of what she said, I fell on the ground head first. "The hell!? really?! you only destroy 5 lairs?" hearing my voice tone, Lante followed "Thats the best we can do in our current manpower you know? That aside. how many lair did you destroy to underrate our achievement?" But I dodged her question "whatever. Are you sure you can fullfill your promise for Artemis-sama?" and look at Rethusa.

Bitting her lips, Rethusa then replied "even if it takes forever! I'll fullfill them!" her eyes are full of vigor but I have to shatter that illusion of hers, "I destroyed 13 lairs and southern forest are now a normal forest. Tell me, are you really determined? It is you who said they spawned at fast rate? and so, is it better to kill them faster than their priducfion?. adding the fact that other members leaved the Familia. Are you really determined to finish your promise? Or you're naive and delusional? You're dead beford that happens and Artemis-sama might get killed", hearing my first sentence, they electrified and didn't hear the rest of my words, Rethusa too as her mouth shutted. I grab her face while saying "Are you listening?" and so she came back to reality and replied "Still!! t..then, whats your next course of action then!? you're already part of this subterfuge!!"

Hearing her words made my ear twitch in anger and grip her face slowler and harder. "What did you say!? did I deceive someone!?"

※ ※ ※

P.O.V of Lante

Oh no, what to do, what to do!! mister Zetta is crushing leader Rethusa's face. Are men this scary? I.. I mean, it was her fault for blaming him why was it happening.. but she has a point! I mean, it was his fault through and trough!

It was an hour ago, after our raid hunt and boasted on Kami-sama our success for destroying 5 lairs in just half a day. That in itself is a feat in which we fought monsters along the way, then fought again after entering the lair and repeating the process. I was proud of myself having that achievement. But after that, Kami-sama decided something thats unexpected, its trully unexpected of her of all people.

Yes, it was partially my fault why she decided that.. I guess? It was the time when the moon shines brightly and when Rethusa leader found out about me talking to a villager Boy while hold his hand after picking an apple he dropped. I was told it was an art in itself to give and receive love, what it means to love and to be love. But that was contradict of Artemis-sama's point of view. as she herself is a Goddes of Purity and virginity, she prohibit herself to love as that was the sole reason she's a Goddess and her Identity might gone, so she says. opposite to God of beauty, she didn't agree about having a lover. It was her ultimate decree not having an intimate relationship on opposite sex not until they leave her Familia. Thats why, she created Familia that only consists of Girls.

But contradict on her own decree.. it was her who break her ironclad rule. Well, I don't mind. That means, Artemis-sama developed her own characters but not everyone agreed on her decision.

Artemis-sama entered in between them and pulled mister Zetta away.

After that, I look at Rethusa as she sniff and slight teary. I saw her angry face but at the same time loneliness. and I'm sure because of others that leave. Well, that was their decision. Theu have are own and Artemis-sama. so does we who remained

※ ※ ※

Artemis drag me towards the tent where its only the two of us, "what Rethusa said is actually half truth. it was from your word I decided the decision for going at Orario. But the other half is because, I've longed to see my closes friends. And I'm sure she was there. and because she was clumsy and carefree, I'm afraid she's already indebted on Hephaistios by now.", Artemis smiled while saying so. "But, what you said is quiet truth. Even my Familia's prime, they can't subjugate those monsters alone but here you are.."

Eh!? she was smiling. wait. She smiled wickedly!

"..you promise to help me, right? Come here.. I decided to have you join in my Familia". Oh my goddess!! what have I done this time! is what my thoughts said so.