Prologue

⭐️Prologue

The Inklings, Octolings, Salmonids, Skylings, and all other sea races are well known for their wars, constantly fighting with eachother to try and best one another.

Well. There existed few races who did not partake in these wars. The shadowlings were one of them.

They had started out as cephalopods, just like Inklings and the such, but their fascination with dark magic soon led them to start gaining such powers themselves. This included shadow manipulation, shadow travel, flight by shadow wings, and many other powers. They didn't mind the daytime either, as the light produced shadows used in their power.

Now of course, they were not chaotic beings. They had standards. They formed a rank system, with a king everybody had agreed with. They lived hidden away in an abandoned mansion, forming a society. For years, they thrived peacefully.

Until...

The king was soon ready to hand down his position. He had two sons, but the woman he had loved had left a long time ago. These two sons were Ebony and Noir. Ebony was the shorter and younger of the two, a friendly shadowling who sought to understand others' situations. Noir on the other hand, was not only older but taller. He was also the captain of the guard. He had always wanted the power of the king, as he saw the current society as too weak and in need of reinforcement.

However, the king had chosen Ebony as the next leader, despite Ebony being only 14 at the time. He believed that Ebony, being the understanding shadowling he was, would make a great leader. The citizens of the area made sure to encourage him, helping him with whatever he needed and offering advice.

However, one day.....

The mansion boards began to creak.

It was giving out.

Their manor, which had housed them for centuries, was starting to break on them. Floorboards began to crumble, lights began to shut off.

All attention was now on Ebony.

"Prince Ebony, what are we to do?"

"The water pipes are starting to clog up!"

"The doors are falling apart!"

"A side of the stairs has broken..."

"What do you suggest we do?"

Ebony couldn't take it.

He sent a search party off to find any help, and the only thing they could do now was wait.

It's only been a year, but little did they know how big of an impact this one search would have to the people that they found....