Chapter 4: Protect

⭐️Chapter 4: Protect

"WHAT?!"

Hachi and Nana had just explained their morning to the group.

"All the more reason to keep you safe, Prince." Emperor growled.

Prince sighed. He didn't need this, but Emperor had just gotten ahold of more information, so...oh well.

"What...what was THAT?!" Flip was...well, flipping out.

"Was it an attack on an inkling?" Rider asked, concerned.

"Are they HOSTILE?!" Goggles nearly screeched, shaking.

"Hold on, hold on, back up." Hachi attempted to calm everyone down. Being the trait of wisdom, he had a few ideas. The group quieted down.

"If they were hostile, surely they wouldn't make one bold move like that and only attack one person. Unless they plan on attacking more people. But surely they would do it all at once? Like the Skylings?" Hachi reasoned that if the shadowlings were smart enough to stay away from wars, then they wouldn't just...attack out of nowhere like that.

"We have no way of knowing." Nana brought up.

Oh yeah, true....

"But....what are we supposed to do?" Gloves asked. This new information had sent everyone into panic, and they all did their best to keep it to themselves rather than cause chaos in the square.

"Figure out what that was, attack or not, and get a solution." Hachi said. Plain and simple.

"But it could happen again! To anyone!" Goggles was probably the most scared in the group.

"We're not sure of that yet." Hachi added.

"Hey, is that inkling still there?" Flip asked.

"No, last I heard she was put in an ambulance and driven to a nearby hospital." Nana replied.

"Well, maybe the hospital can figure out what this is?" Flip asked again. That just might be their only chance.

"We can only hope..." Hachi sighed.

"What do we do in the meantime?" Rider asked. Again, they couldn't just...do nothing.

"Hey wait, you know what we need? A way to post our findings to everyone and spread it around. We probably can't use the news even if Pearl and Marina let us, because people might quesion why it's only us, and the squidbeak splatoon has to stay a secret...." Gloves said.

"Maybe we can just let Pearl and Marina do it?" Prince brought up.

"Yeah, alright." Gloves was fine with that. His only other option was the Internet, but...things could get chaotic on there, and they didn't want more chaos.

"We only have three pieces of evidence though..." Rider wasn't sure if that was good enough.

"Well, that female is enough to make it serious. Even if we don't have a picture of that one figure Gloves and Goggles saw." Emperor said.

Prince wrote down on a separate sheet, 'If you start experiencing nightmares where something is chasing you, see suspicious figures at night or at all, OR see people like the inkling girl at the hopsital (revise, back up with proof), please let us know, and spread the word. Stay safe!' And tore it off.

"Alright, who's going to do it?" Flip asked.

Emperor took the piece of paper when Prince handed it to him and held it out.