Bonus: Fun Facts

⭐️Fun Facts

EDIT: EXTRA CREDIT, AS THE SPLATOON MANGA CHARACTERS ARE CREATED BY SANKICHI HINODEYA

-First, a big thanks to the people who vote and comment on chapters! This means a lot to me, and it helps support me and gives me motivation. Even leaving a "nice job" or "good work" on a chapter makes me feel good. I was hoping NightRoad would be able to pass Skyroad in the "Gloves" tag (since that is seemingly its top medal) but since Skyroad has a view count of 20K+ going up constantly, I'm afraid it won't happen. Oh well. SkyRoad has a cover with more recognizable characters anyway...

Onto the fun facts!

- The Epilogue was supposedly "chapter 79" but after some consideration I realized that there might be people out there who'd bombard me with "but the prologue isn't a chapter so neither is the Epilogue!!" So I changed it. I also left the credits story as chapter 80 for the sake of fun.

-I got the actual Wattpad app on August 11 2019, where I had only finished up to Kuro's battle chapter but had also started working on other chapters ahead of it too. BEFORE Wattpad, I would type down all the chapters on the notes app and then later edit them on Wattpad (computer) to make sure they reached at least 1000 words.

-The first chapter doesn't have 1000 words (it has like 800+) but I don't wanna change it because it's funny that way

-The end credits (according to the app/site) has exactly 1,000 words.

-The parody of Into the Light was created for the ending of the minor lab arc from a story called TOSA, or the Takoff Story Arc, originally written for my (now disbanded due to inactivity and lack of interest) splatoon team.

-No I did not come up for a parody part for Pearl's rap

-You may notice that, in the credits, the STORY is italicized instead of the lyrics. This is because the SONG is the main focus (with it being the credits), and the story is going on in the background.

-Inking5 was the first person I told the entire plot of NightRoad to, in a YouTube chat. This was prior to the SplatRoad YouTube chat forming. However, this was also a beta plot, as it still needed editing.

-The plot is as follows:
🌘NightRoad plot
There have been recent reports of people going missing, and strange people in the dark. Rider's been having strange nightmares of running away from something, Hachi and Nana spot a body that looks like it's been attacked by some shadow monster, Gloves and Goggles spot a shadow figure in the streets one night, Flip goes to investigate, and Emp and Prince are trying to hide until they have more information. The Squid Sisters and Off the Hook seem to go missing right when the group decides to meet at the squidbeak hideout.
Meanwhile, in a rotting old mansion in the dark woods, a clan of Shadowlings are growing restless, tired of their collapsing home. When a scout returns with info of inkopolis, all of them rejoice and start making plans. The current ruler, despite being capable of handling everything, has decided to soon pass on his responsibilities to the heir, Ebony. His brother Noir couldn't inherit the throne due to the fact he was already training with the royal guards and could not take the place, but could instead be advisor. This puts pressure on Ebony, as he does not want the people to hate him, but he also wishes to be a good ruler (the ages of the Ebon 8 are the same as their Squidbeak counterparts respectively).
The Ebon 8 decide to check out Inkopolis for themselves on the night of a concert (to cheer up people who are still scared of the current events) and the Squidbeak 8 are there as well. The two groups engage in a fight despite Ebony trying to reason with the squidbeak, and the squidbeak are forced to retreat after an easy loss. They then realize they could pull a Luminous 7 and fight each person one on one, but Prince seems more concerned on the fact Ebony wanted to just talk things out with them.