New Game

⭐️Chapter 8: Party

Today was the day, and everyone was prepared for it.

On the news, Off the Hook announced a special party in order to liven things up after what had been going on.

The square was filled with the chatter of people being excited and glad that they could still have fun. The squidbeak looked at one another.

Today was going to be amazing.

They turfed to pass time, and even while doing so, word of the party had spread in lobbies, and sometimes the cephalos in the match would just party instead out of sheer happiness and excitement, something you rarely saw regularly.

"Wow, I'm surprised everyone is this excited." Gloves said, looking around.

"Yeah, nobody's been this happy since our previous victory at the hero course." Hachi added.

"Why is it always us?" Rider mumbled.

" 'Cause we're the heroes, duh." Flip looked at him.

"Right, Right..."

"I'm glad everyone's having fun, but it's making it difficult to actually play turf war, heh..." Emperor said.

"Yeah, I've only had about 3 actual turf war matches out of the many others..." Nana said, "Although the parties were fun..."

"There's nothing wrong with fun, but too much isn't that good for you" Gloves said, putting both hands behind his head.

"Yeah, you have to rest some eventually." Prince added.

Goggles suddenly perked up.

"I know!"

"Huh?" Prince turned to him.

"Let's have a turf war with each other so we can train in case any of us are possessed by shadowlings!"

Well, they were a group of 8. They could do it.

"Goggles, you're a genius!" Flip said loudly, and the two high-fived.

The eight of them made a locked private battle on randomized stages, and proceeded to use their weapons more on turf. It was liked ranked now, splatting was top priority and turfing ground was second. Prince and Emperor were often the main targets, as being in the top turf team had made then the hardest to get. But the others made sure not to hunt ONLY them to make it fair.

It was worth the time. They remembered a lot, one thing being that range mattered. Most of them were short range, the only slightly long ranged weapons they had were the dynamo's vertical flick, the curling bombs, inkjet, tenta missiles, and their splat bomb range (and the burst bombs too). Another thing was that burst bombs were good for instant damage, and if they hit directly then they could easily weaken someone. Hachi's blaster could hit people around walls, yadda yadda simple stuff. But hey, with this refreshed information, the team was able to put together some plans for fighting eachother (that they kept secret from said person).

This had tired them out, so afterwards they separated and went home to rest, checking on time occasionally to make sure they weren't going to be late for the party.

Eventually, it was Nighttime, and everyone was ready, gathered in the square and cheering. The squidbeak, Off the Hook...

Everyone.

Yes.

Even the villains.

-----

"Hahaha....it looks like tonight's the night...."

Noir stood atop a tall building in the square, going unnoticed by the cephalos down below. The sky was perfectly black, the only light source being the lights coming from the party. Ebony and the shadow 6 were behind them. Ebony was shaking. Tonight was the night. He was scared. Too many things could go wrong.