Night Riding

⭐️Chapter 35: Jet

The two were now riding side by side, about 5 ft apart ('cause they're not gay haha the jokes been said). Rider was ready for...well. However Jet planned to stabilize the motorbikes. He remembered what Seira said, toxic mist and splashdown. Those would both be useless in this fight about riding a motorbike and swinging a dynamo. The toxic mist might blow away, and well. Splashdown was pointless (unless there was like. A bump in the highway that let them get in the air some and maybe use it on the way down, but for the most part, the highway seemed flat to him). Dang, he hadn't expected them to do this. He thought they WOULD just be turfing on a giant highway, swinging at each other until who knows when. Jet was right, this was WAY better.

The road ahead was straight forward, and there were no major obstacles in the way. Rider looked down at the bike, only to see a dark trail following him.

"Is that it?" Rider asked him.

"You wanna try and stand up?" Jet asked back, technically not answering the question.

"If this fails, it's all your fault."

Jet shrugged.

Slowly but surely, Rider stood up. The motorbike kept going. Rider found a balance and stood. Hey, this wasn't so bad! But wait...

"Uh. How would we steer like this?" Rider asked. Sure, the highway was straight now, but who knew when it would curve.

"Put your foot on the front bars and use that" Jet said, driving slightly closer to Rider so his dynamo would reach.

"Wh-I CAN'T DO THAT WHILE SWINGING A DYNAMO AT YOU!" Rider shrieked.

"Why not?" Jet asked with a dull tone.

"I'LL FALL OFF!"

"Rider, sometimes you just have to learn" Jet said as he stood up onto his motorbike, preparing his dynamo.

Rider calmed down. Sort of.
"Wait, won't the momentum of our swings also-"

"I got that. Just do it already"

Rider, who was already standing, got out his Dynamo. The two locked eye contact with each other. The tension grew. They waited in silence, other than the motorbikes going. Slowly, they reeled back...

And swung.

They clashed. They pushed, trying to get their weapon over to the other's side, but it seemed they were equal in strength. They pulled back and swung again, this time a vertical flick. The dynamos still collided anyway. Rider then decided to try something. After the two had recovered, he went for a horizontal flick, hoping Jet would follow. Jet did, and before he could hit him, Rider moved to the side and flung a vertical shot at him. Jet quickly dodged, but not quickly enough. He still took damage.

Rider smiled. He landed a hit! Jet retaliated with a swing, and Rider had to duck out of the way. He quickly checked the highway to see if there was anything coming up, which there was not. He swung back at Jet, but he missed and nearly fell over. Jet used that to advantage and swung, causing Rider to take a hit of ink. He had to be more careful! He blocked the next swing and held strong for as long as he could, then quickly pulled back and took a swing.

Jet dodged the swing, but Rider quickly changed directions and managed to land a hit, doing half damage. Yes! One more swing and Jet would be down! Was there any way to distract him, though? Rider needed to hurry before the ink evaporated and Jet had recovered. He went for another swing, which Jet blocked. Dang, this was harder than he thought. Jet was aware of his situation and was doing everything he could to prevent Rider from getting to him.