Chapter 5: Search

⭐️Chapter 5: Search

Darkness.

...

That's it?

...

Nothing?

...

No monsters?

"This just in, more bodies found..."

Rider woke up slowly. It was 8 AM, he had left the TV on.

The nightmares.

They had ceased.

He shot awake.

FINALLY!

SLEEP!

He got ready like he normally did, excited and yet nervous to tell the team.

He looked at the TV.

Oh.

Right...

-----

Today, Emperor and Prince were slightly late, but only because of Emperor's new "system" he made to protect Prince. The team noticed Rider.

"Whoah, what happened today?"

"I GOT SLEEP!" Rider said in a 'ohmygod finally I've done it after many failures' tone.

"Really?! No nightmares?" Goggles stood up out of his seat.

"None!" Rider was happy, one of the rare sights in the team.

"I wonder if it has to do with the bodies..." Nana mumbled.

"You...saw the news too?" Rider turned to her.

"Yeah, it's not looking good..." she replied.

"Has the hospital diagnosed it as anything?" Gloves asked.

"No, not even the hospitals know what it is, however they know that it's not death-causing, only very weakening." Hachi said, having watched the entire thing.

"Well, at least that's something good" Prince said, wanting to lighten the mood.

"But we still don't know what it is!" Gloves threw his hands up in the air.

Emperor meanwhile, was simply watching and listening to the conversation, having nothing to say at the time.

"We could check any security cameras to see if anyone was caught when it happened?" Prince suggested.

"Well yeah, but we'd need some pretty big permissions..." Rider said. He wasn't gonna risk it. Emperor maybe could, because of his status, but to be honest, all of them would need to be involved. Besides, security camera footage was bad quality, they'd never see a shadowling with it...

"I'm going to look myself." Flip spoke.

All heads turned to her.

"I'm going to go on a night search, if anyone wants to join me they can." She continued.