Chapter 17: Plan

⭐️Chapter 17: Plan

The group looked up at Negro, and He looked back down at them.

"Going somewhere?"

"The only place we're going is Black Forest, thank you!" Goggles said.

Rider (and basically everyone else) facepalmed. Typical Goggles. Blurting out information that should've been kept a secret.

"Oh? And what business might have you there, if you can find it that is..." Negro glared down at them.

"Of course we can find it! We have a ma-"

Rider quickly muffled Goggles. No more talking. No more spoiling. No more making this WORSE.

"He meant to say is we have a uh...macaroni tool someone gave us to help us." Rider did his best to sound truthful.

'Way to go Rider.' he groaned internally.

"A tool, huh...and just what is this..."Macaroni" you speak of?" Negro sunk into a shadow and slithered down the building, reforming into humanoid form in front of the group by the gate. 

He kept his usual bored, dull look. Everyone eyed his suit, which was basically similar to Hachi's agent 8 uniform, except the yellow wristband was now two black ones crossed onto eachother. Odd, was this the shadowlings' sense of fashion? When they were battling, they didn't really have a chance to look at clothing choices, and it was also nighttime. But now...

A few internal questions were raised.

"Wait, you don't know what it is? It's a kind of pasta!" Goggles said, taking Rider's arm off his mouth.

"Pasta, huh...I at least know what that is..." Negro said, slinking around each of the members. "Now where is this...Tool...you speak of? I would like to have a look for myself." He scanned everyone very closely.

Welp. 

Everyone had a feeling they knew where THIS was going.

Gloves, thinking quickly, searched all of his pockets for something he could use. Fuzz, no....tissue paper, no....paperclip, no....coin, n-wait, paperclip?! That might work....

Well. Might as well try.

Quickly and out of sight, he bent it into an odd, abstract shape. He didn't have the time to make it too unrecognizable, but if he had the time, he could've done WAY better. He fumbled with it, making sure Negro didn't see, or that the others didn't see and ask him about it. Or worse, blurt out that it was a paperclip.  When he was done, he quickly whipped it out.

"H-here! I know it doesn't look like much, b-but if you float this in water, it can tell you where to go!

He hoped that sounded appealing enough. He HAD heard that paperclips could do that somewhere, so...might as well.

"Strange." Negro swiped it out of his hands.

"H-hey!" Gloves yelled, trying to make it seem like the paperclip was precious in order to get Negro to fall for it.

Luckily, Negro had.

"Welp. Looks like you won't be needing this anymore."

He slunk back to the front of the group turned around, tossing it away behind him. it fell into some bushes. The team knew they didn't have the time to dig through the twigs and leaves just to make it seem important. Everyone gave a worried look, understanding that Gloves had played a trick.

"Now then. Is a battle in order?" Negro turned to the group.

"Oh please, we outnumber you AND we've been upgraded." Flip said, in an annoyed tone.