I'm The Bad Guy

⭐️Chapter 25: Pitch

Goggles pulled out his shadowshot as well. He tried to remember the set. Fyre ring and a bomb...ah yeah! The curly one! Pitch leapt at him. Goggles quickly threw down a curling bomb and swum back, taking this as a chance to try shooting. Unfortunately, Pitch also began to shoot at Goggles, and since the two had the same range, Goggles decided not to risk it and sunk back down, swimming away.

He and Rider had realized that there were no spawn points nearby, so if you got splatted...well...who knows where you'd end up. But this also raised a question in Goggles's mind. Did shadowlings need respawn points? What would happen if they were splatted? Did he really need to splat them or could he just corner them?

Pitch took this chance to advance on Goggles, and Goggles quickly snapped out of it and backed up, shooting back. Pitch, knowing there was no spawn point nearby, backed away. This sort of answered Goggles's question, since Pitch probably wouldn't have backed away if there was one. I mean yeah, most people dodge when they're attacked, but if Pitch knew he was going to have a respawn point he probably would have felt safer getting splatted.

But then again, that would also ruin the point of a fight...

Pitch tried going for a sub weapon, which turned out to be an splat bomb. Goggles, who was Inking turf for his special, almost didn't see it, but heard the sound and quickly swam away. Rider would've warned him, but he wasn't supposed to be involved. Luckily, Goggles had charged his special, and was ready to use it. He just had to get closer. Pitch, knowing the subs and special of this shadowshot, knew he had to get Goggles to use up his special without getting hit. He knew bombs wouldn't do it...he would have to leap in and risk it himself. He just needed something to get him there.

Goggles then began to approach Pitch, now that he had the special. Pitch backed away, and searched for something he could use. Behind him were some trees, he thought that if he could get Goggles to "corner" him there, he would be able to quickly slither away when Goggles used the Fyre Ring. He began to back up, to see if Goggles would follow. Sure enough, Goggles saw him and took this chance to corner him against the trees.

He then used his Fyre ring, just as expected. He raised his foot, charged it, and stomped down. Indeed, a ring of Fire spread out, starting from his shoe and spreading outwards. Pitch was able to swim away before the ring got to him. Goggles gasped. It WAS like splashdown! Suddenly, he heard a bling sound. He turned to look for the source.

He saw it. Pitch had charged his special! Goggles quickly got away from the trees and into more open space. But...he needed a break. He stood there, catching his breath...
It was then that Pitch used HIS special, which was a Baller. He rushed towards Goggles, and Goggles, who hadn't been paying attention, got whacked by it. Pitch stopped the baller after hitting him, assuming he had run over him. He rolled back, only to see Goggles wasn't on the ground. Pitch looked around for him, but couldn't find where he went...

Rider also couldn't find him. Where did he go? He looked around, even behind him, and still couldn't find him. Until he looked...up.

"Goggles! What are you doing?!" Rider shouted.

"Just uh...hangin' around I guess?" Goggles said, in an attempt to be funny.

Rider facepalmed.

Pitch also looked up. Goggles, being the idiot/weirdo he was, had been whacked to the treetops, and was clinging on desperately to a tree branch.

"Hey! Get back down here, coward!" Pitch yelled, still in his ball(er).

"Uh...no thanks, I don't want to get hit by the baller explosion, thank you very much!"