Chapter 50: Inkopolis?!

⭐️Chapter 50: Inkopolis?!

The group was now speeding through the forest, as fast as the motorbike could go without making it dangerous. Nobody questioned why Ebony had panicked, but Emperor had a clue. They would have to be prepared for a fight though. Ebony was on a lookout for anything, so that Rider could focus. The only thing the rest of the squidbeak could do at the moment was sit tight and wait.

The motorbike passed a familiar looking rock. More soon followed it. It became a trail, and Ebony saw as it all led up to one giant rock that stuck through the trees. He remembered this from the flight to Inkopolis. It was... pretty close to the destination, actually.

"I know where we are!" He said.

"Where?" Rider asked, hoping this would give him a clue, or that it would be something of worth.

"Black Forest is just beyond this area here!" Ebony said happily. They were so close!

"Alright! Glad to know we're on the right track!" Rider said with a smile.

The motorbike continued speeding towards it. The squidbeak had heard the conversation and were internally jumping with joy. Finally, after all this time, they had made it! All that random walking around in the forest was worth it after all! They could finish this mission and continue on!

"Wait, maybe we should walk there. We might want to save some fuel for the way back" Ebony said, now realizing that if they needed to flee from the place if and/or when the others showed up, they would need the bike.

"Oh, good point."

Rider slowed to a halt. When the bike stopped, everyone got off, and shifted to humanoid form, as Rider parked it by a tree. He made sure it was off before joining the others.

"How convenient. We're here too...nice to see you all again~"

The voice in Ebony's head was back.

"They're here. We have to hurry" Ebony said.

Everyone nodded, and began to run towards the end of the path. It was like escaping inkopolis all over again, except this time they actually had to RUN because the situation was way more urgent.

"What do we do if they catch us?!" Flip shouted.

"We fight! We've trained ourselves against them and can beat them up again!" Emperor answered.

"I just hope we can get there in time!" Nana yelled.

"Me too!" Goggles added.

"Just keep going!" Hachi said loudly.

"We're almost there!" Rider said to everyone, to motivate them.

"The gate should be past this opening here!" Ebony exclaimed, as the group approached another open, yet shaded part of the forest. The rest of the path lay ahead.

"Come on, just a little furth-"

"Ah-ah-ah, can't let you do that~" a familiar but sinister voice said from above them.

A sword whizzed through the air, and nearly struck Goggles, who ducked just in time. A shadow arm retrieved it, just as six figures dropped down from the trees in front of the squidbeak. The squidbeak skidded to a stop and stood back, readying their weapons. Sure enough, it was the shadow six...well. Sort of. Pitch was missing, and Noir was in his place.