Duskfall

⭐️Chapter 60: Shadowlings

The two teams of eight stood facing each other, one counterpart looking at the other. At any second, they could launch into battle. Nobody was there to start or stop them. But his made it eerily quiet, and the teams knew they would have to make a move some point or later.

"Okay, well if nobody's going to move, then-"

And with that, Negro threw down two point sensors, successfully snagging the entire squidbeak. This caused them to launch forward, taking it as as sign to start the battle. Noir flung two burst bombs at Emperor, who promptly ducked out of the way. The two quickly shot off to a different section of the square. Ebony and Prince looked at each other. They weren't about to fight again, so both of them nodded and fake-clashed with each other, moving back over to the place where Crusty Sean's truck and setup would be.

Upon seeing that the two had split from the main group, the rest of both teams promptly split into pairs as well, each person with their counterpart again. Gloves and Crow went back over to where they had been the night of the party, by Ammo Knights, Hachi and Negro went up by the salmon run area, Kuro and Nana went to the left of the truck and Pitch and Goggles went to the right of the truck. Rider and Jet took the area by the underground Metro entrance, and Flip and Heise stayed at the center. Everybody was busy with their own person, and would have to watch for other people. The squidbeak's unspoken plan they were unsure of was lobbing sub weapons at others when they got the chance in an attempt to help the others fight their counterparts. However, the Ebon 8 also happened to have this plan.

The current idea was not to turf, but to attack. Hachi and Negro were circling each other, but Negro threw a point sensor over his head, hitting Gloves, who had dodge-rolled into it to avoid an attack from Crow. Negro now knew where Gloves was in position to him, so Gloves couldn't shoot a splat bomb at him because he would know where it came from. Meanwhile, Heise had thrown a sprinkler down to hurt not only Flip, but Rider as well. Rider and Jet had kept their fight primarily to themselves. Toxic mist was a tossable thing, but they weren't about to waste it on others when they could use it to slow the other down. Dynamos were slow, and more slowness would definitely help with gaining the advantage.

Nana and Kuro were across from Pitch and Goggles, but the two brothers were also nearby as well. Nana wasn't within proper range to give Goggles a splash wall, so she didn't. She had to keep Kuro in line while also avoiding her physical attacks. In fact, Nana realized she probably should've been prepared for a mix up of fighting techniques. Kuro would use the ink she shot to get closer to her, then aim for a punch while she was there, and Nana usually had to duck out of the way to try and get another shot at inking her.

Kuro made sure to throw the autobomb over in Goggles's direction. Sure enough, it sensed him and began walking over. Pitch saw it out of the corner of his eye and advanced towards Goggles, edging him closer to it. Goggles backed up, not knowing the bomb was there, but heard the noise of it detonating and quickly dropped a curling bomb and swam away. He was hit with stray ink and was momentarily distracted, which gave Pitch a chance to attack.

Goggles almost ran into the splat bomb Pitch threw down, but again heard the detonation noise and swam away. He used the direction he was going in as an advantage to shoot Pitch with his splattershot, to which Pitch dodged and retaliated with shooting back. The two were currently tied like the rest of the other members. Pitch wasn't about to use wolf form, as he had limited space here. He'd need the entire square to himself if he was going to do that, and that was not what they had.

The brothers meanwhile, were fighting. Well. One pair of them at least. Emperor was ready to have another go at disarming Noir, but Noir knew this already and had made sure not to let his guard down. Prince and Ebony watched them from a distance. All the other shadowlings were busy with their own fights, so none of them noticed that they weren't fighting.