Chapter 6: Party

⭐️Chapter 6: Party

And of course, no nightmares again.

Rider actually intentionally slept in, texting the others he'd be late for said reason.

Flip meanwhile, was the one who couldn't sleep this time. At least they knew now that they could see the shadowlings coming beforehand. But even so, they were so QUICK in the dark that it would be like trying to outrun a swimming squid.

The group had met up in the square again, sitting down in the chairs by Crusty Sean's truck. They noticed Flip.

"So, did it go well?" Emperor asked.

"Way." She mumbled, while trying to keep her eyelids from drooping, "Way too well."

This was even worse that what she thought. 

"So you found something?!" Gloves said.

"Mmmhmmm...." She knew how Rider, Gloves and Goggles must've felt.

"WHAT?!" The whole group practically yelled at her all at once, and that got her up.

"GAH!"

"Tell us more!" Gloves said, leaning in eagerly.

"Well...I know what's causing the strange markings and bodies dropping...?" She said, still shaken from the yells.

"What is it?!" Hachi said in a worried, 'this is serious' voice.

Flip gulped. How was she supposed to explain....THAT? What happened in front of her?

"I...I can only describe it as possession for now...the shadowlings...possess citizens...and then just leave them."

"Like that?" Prince asked, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah, but it's so odd. You'd figure maybe they'd want to manipulate people or something, but no?" Flip shrugged.

"Wait Hachi, you said they were weakened, right? The ones affected?" Emperor turned to him.

"Yes, why?"

"Do you think maybe..." He looked at everyone.

"They couldn't be..." Nana made the connections.

"They're trying to weaken us?!" Goggles shouted.

"Well, we have raised awareness about it so I don't really know why they're still going." Nana sighed, shrugging.

'I should've yelled at the one I saw...' Flip thought, regretting her choices. Then again, it wasn't entirely her fault, she didn't know what was going to happen.

"You know what we need?" Gloves perked up.

"What?" Goggles turned to look at him, unsure if he should be happy or...

"A party, to cheer people up."

"Didn't Aloha have that idea?" Prince asked, initially to Emperor, but loud enough for everyone else to hear.

"He did? Huh." Gloves thought.

"Well it wouldn't hurt to try I guess." Rider said.

"Yeah, I agree." Goggles smiled.

"We can ask the other squidbeak to help." Hachi said.

"Right." Gloves nodded.

"By the way, Rider." Emperor turned to him.