Chapter [2]: New Bully?

< Colby's POV:

There are rumors of a new student attending our school today. Everyone is excited but me though. It just adds up on the hatred I'm already receiving. And to my luck, I was assigned to show him around the school for the day and I'm not looking too forward to that. I also heard he was popular in his former schools- yes schools- so I have no chance of befriending him obviously.

More like bully and the bullied, if anything. He'll forget me by a maximum of two days or so and will become one of the jocks. He'll bully me once more along with the rest of the school.

~Colby.

I sighed lightly and shut my journal before stuffing it into my bag. I got up and got ready for this dreadful Monday.

||At School||

After showing him a bit around the school, we headed our separate ways. Well, he just left.

Skip To Lunch>>

I entered the cafeteria whilst holding my tray of food and looked for a free table to sit at. The only free table was at the far end where I had to walk by the jocks table, so I kept my head low and avoided any eye contact. Obviously that didn't work, and one of them stuck out their foot making me to trip.

I flew face forward, accidentally biting my tongue resulting with blood filling my mouth. I was fully covered with what was once my lunch and laughter erupted all around me. I sat up straight so I was kneeling and started picking up the food as tears brimmed my eyes.

A pair of shoes soon appeared in my view and I looked up to see Brennen Taylor, the new student. He looked like he was trying not to laugh though, which made me even more sad.

"G-Go ahead. J-Just laugh." I sniffled as my bottom lip quivered. I quickly stood up the world around me spinning. I felt nauseous and dizzy as everyone laughed and mocked.

I ran out of the cafeteria, wiping my tears before running into the bathroom where I could be left alone. I ran into one of the few stalls and locked the door before sliding down it. I hugged my knees into my chest and sobbed into them as my body shook rapidly.

Why does this always happen to me?

~~~
I unlocked the stall and walked to the sink before cleaning up. After my moments of sobbing and crying, I washed my teary face and massaged my soon to swell wrist. It had taken quite a rough hit.

I walked out of the restrooms, a few snickers being heard behind me but I tried to neglect them. I headed to my next class and sat at the very end where I don't get called on and am far from some of the jocks in this class.

I was a little early but I could care less. I would do whatever to finish up with this day. The bell rang after a few moments and students started seating until there was one last spot next to me. Brennen rushed in and my eyes widened as he walked towards me. To the only spot left empty.

He sighed and pulled out his chair before sitting down, not sparing me a glance. The teacher started distributing our assignments after a greeting and everyone groaned. "I'm not the one who has to pass this grade. I already completed it. Now grow up and get it done. Marks will be taken away if it is not fully completed." The teacher stated.

"Pssttt.." I heard someone whisper. I looked to my left and Brennen handed me my beanie with a sticky note attached to it. I hesitantly took it and read the note: You dropped this. It said.

I put on the beanie and looked down, not having the gut to thank him. After all, he was just like the rest.

~~~~~~
(664 words)
🥀