Chapter [4]: Abuse/Arrested

||Two Days Later||

<Colby's POV:

It's been two days since the incident and I still feel guilty. Brennen was just trying to help but I embarrassed him instead. I take a deep breath and walk up to Brennen who was standing with the rest of the jocks, feeling my heart pound roughly against my chest.

"H-Hey, B-Brennen?" I mumbled as I fiddled with my fingers out of anxiety. Brennen turned towards me raising an eyebrow as some of the jocks stepped up as well. I gulped and tried to neglect their glares, reciting my apology mentally.

"Oh look it's the nerd." One of them said making Brennen laughed. "What do you want, idiot?" Brennen questioned in annoyance and my heart dropped. "I-I just w-wanted to apologize. I f-felt guilty for hitting you a-and -" I started but he cut me off by an unexpected blow to the face.

My body hit the ground with a thud making gasps and whispers erupted around me. "Shut the fuck up, I don't need a fucking apology from someone like yourself." He growled as everyone stared in shock and disbelief. I held my face in pain as tears began to roll down my face.

"I j-just wanted t-to apologize." I sniffled as I looked up at him through you black eye. "Y-You're just like e-everyone else." I cried and stood up before running away. I ran into the restroom and went back into the stall, locking it.

I slid down and grabbed my journal along with a pencil before writing down my thoughts..

I tried apologizing today. I felt guilty and felt the need to apologize, for, it felt wrong not to. Instead, I got punched in the face. Not by the jocks, but by Brennen himself. I just wanted to apologize but he didn't seem to care. I guess he really is my new bully. He laughed when his jock friends teased me and insulted me just like the rest. Those words always hurt me the most although they shouldn't. I should be used to all the abuse I'm receiving in and out of school. Physically and Verbally. It just hurts too much to handle.

~Colby

I shut my journal once I heard the bell ring and packed up before exiting.

||Back At Home||

I spotted mom's car in the driveway indicating she was back from her one week business trip. I gulped and shook in fear before carefully walking inside, hoping not to be assaulted right then. It's too soon. "M-Mom?" I called as I looked around.

"What's wrong with your face?" I heard a stern voice say before mom came to view. "I g-got beat u-up." I stuttered and stiffened almost instantaneously. Lying always lead to bad punishments so I had to be truthful nevertheless.

"You stupid boy, when will you learn to stick up for yourself?!" Mom yelled and slapped me across the face. "I-I'm sorry." I mumbled and held back my tears. She put our her hand and I took out my belt before giving it to her. Why was I getting punished? For getting beat up?

She wrapped the belt around my wrists tightly, leaving more bruises to bare with. She then dragged me into her room and threw me harshly on the ground as I silently cried. Mom took out another leather belt before whipping it across my back.

She hit and whipped me for the past hour until she told me to go shower. I strugglingly took off my shirt to see the belt marks all over my back. I sobbed slightly at the pain and got under the water, stinging me.

After my father's death, my mother has been abusing me and accusing me of it all. One of my main punishments was the belt whip. It hurt a lot yet no one could help me nor could they save me.

Mom had to go for a business trip but now she's back. Unfortunately. My mother was a very caring and loving person but that all changed now. I guess now she takes out her anger, stress and depression on me.

~~~
I sit on my bed while I read a book, when my door knob jiggled and the door burst open. Mom came in in a slur, holding a beer can in her hand as she laid her cold eyes on me. "Mom, p-please." I plead as I shuffled away.

She ignored me and walked closer before grabbing me by the hair. "Momma p-please!!" I cried as she started beating me again. "Please.." I cried but she carried on hitting me. Hurting me.

Suddenly the room door burst open and Mom was instantly ripped away from me as she thrashed. Two police men entered my room and put my mom in handcuffs before hurrying towards me. "Are you okay son?" The second police officer asked as the other led my mom downstairs. I nodded weakly, trembling under the officer's gentle glance.

"We'd like you to explain things once you've calmed down and have been taken care off, alright?" He asked and I nodded again.

||Time Skip||

Mom was taken away into custody I think. They said she'll be out in a matter of days and until then I'd have to live with an adult.

The police officers dropped me off to the chosen family's home that I'll be staying in and I thanked them. Though I was beyond nervous.

The officers rung the door bell and my eyes widened when the door opened to reveal..

~~~~
(935 words)
🥀