Chapter [16]: Care Less

< Colby's POV:

I sigh and enter the doors of hell once again. I put up my hood and stuff my hands on my pockets. I glance at the spot where Brennen used to work for me every morning and teared up a bit.

I put my head down avoiding whispers and glances from my fellow school mates.

I said I was going to move on. But it's hard when you love that person soo dearly. Brennen made me smile. Genuinely. I didn't have to fake my happiness around him. I didn't have to lie to myself. I actually felt happy for once in my life. Now that that happiness is ripped away from me, I feel broken.

I feel lonely. I feel sad. I feel heartbroken. I just want to be in Brennen's arms. I want to feel his warmth. His love. But does he still love me? Did he ever?

I know I might be doing the biggest mistake right now but I have to talk to him. I don't know what I want to say or hear, but I have to talk to him.

I turned the corner and my heart drained to nothing. I watched as Brennen and some chick made out against the lockers, sparing me no mind.

I walked towards them and ripped him away. I slapped him across the face and he stared at me in shock. "You're a f-fucking liar." I said as tears rolled down my face. He never loved me. I don't know why I'm not accepting that.

"You're a fucking l-liar!" I said louder and hit his chest. "Let me love you huh? L-Love you my ass." I yelled again and walked away. "Colby wait!" Brennen yelled and caught my hand. "No!" I yelled and snatched my hand away.

"You got what you wanted, Brennen. You're a liar and I'd be shocked if anyone will ever fall in love with you again. You led me on and ended things like that. You never loved m-me. If you did, you would have never let me g-go so easily." I said and a sob escaped my lips.

I ran away heading to my next class, not caring if anyone's staring.

~~~~
I sit at the cafeteria table far behind, eating at my disgusting lunch. To this point, I don't care what I do. I swallowed the slimy rice down almost gagging at the taste and texture.

I heard footsteps behind me but I wasn't bothered to look over. A lunch tray was placed on a table next to me, but I still didn't look up. "May I be seated here?" A rough male voice asked and I nodded carelessly.

"Colby right?" He asked and I nodded again a tear slipping down my face. "Hey what's wrong?" The boy asked worried. "Nothing i-important. What do you want?" I stubbornly said, feeling a little bad for using that tone.

"Well.. I.. I just wanted to get to know you." He said and I chuckled not believing a single word. "Sure." I said sarcastically. "Look i-if you're here to hurt me t-then get on with it and please l-leave me alone."

"Woah woah, why would I want to hurt you? You've intrigued me for quite a while but I didn't have the balls to talk to you since you have a boyfriend." He said looking at me sympathetically.

"H-Had." I whispered and sadness filled his face. "Oh, I'm so sorry." He whispered and pulled me into a hug. I don't know why, but I just gave in. "You'll be alright." he whispered soothingly.

I wasn't bothered to study his features until now. His hair was blond, he had brown eyes and an adorable smile. He has dimples and beautiful lips. I hugged him back as I sobbed into his shirt.

He rubbed my back lightly and whispered sweet nothings to me. I never realized how much I'd need a hug in a situation like this. It's nice.

"I'm s-sorry, I wet your s-shirt." I sniffled, pulling away. "It's alright." He said softly, staring into my eyes. I watched as he slowly leaned in, my body unconsciously doing the same. He glanced at my lips then back up into my eyes.

The gap between us closed as our lips moved in a perfect rhythm. He placed his hand on my cheek and deepened the kiss. I'm kissing a boy I don't even know the name off, never seen before, and definitely don't know if he likes me. Is it wrong that I like it? Kissing him?

He pulled away, still staying close to me as he stared deeply into my eyes. "I like you. A lot. Let me take you out sometime? Take your mind off your breakup?" He asked softly. "I don't even know your n-name." I said glancing away.

"Jake.. Jake Webber." He said smiling lightly. "So? Will you go out with me? Call it off if you didn't like the date." He said again in hopeful eyes. "Okay." I said and he smiled again. He smashed his lips onto mine and pulled me closer.

Thankfully not a lot of people saw us. Except Brennen. He had a pissed off face, and dark eyes staring into the back of Jake's head, but I could care less right now.

(Hope this was good.🖤)