Chapter [20]:Prom

< Colby's POV:

(Listen to the song above if you desire.)
~~~~

It's three days until Prom and no one has asked me out. No shock there. Brennen and I's relationship grew stronger over the months and Jake is now getting help with his disorder but we're still really good friends.

It's sad that I don't get to go prom but it was something known not to happen. I guess I'll be spending it at home.

I shut my locker making sure I had everything and walked into the cafeteria. I walked towards my main table and spotted Jake. He waved me over and I smiled lightly before walking over.

"Hey Jake." I said a bit happy for some unknown reason. "Hey Colbs." He said smiling brightly. "What's got you soo happy?" I asked confused. "I got asked out to prom." He said beaming with happiness.

"That's amazing! Who is it?!" I asked excited. "Asher Sandors. He asked me to be his prom date today." Jake said smiling brighter. "Wait A-Asher my bully?" I asked shocked and Jake nodded.

"He's really sweet. Turns out he has anger issues just as I and took it out on you. We have the same therapist so we go together." Jake said smiling brightly making me chuckle. "Well as long as he makes you happy, I'm fine." I said happy for him.

Mom was asked out on a date a few weeks ago as well and she says she really likes the guy. His name is Oliver O'brian and he works as a doctor at a mental hospital. Now they've gotten closer and as long Mom is happy then I'm happy for her.

"Hey love." Brennen said wrapping his arms around me. "Hey Bren." I said hugging him back. "Hey Jake." Brennen said a bit sternly. "Brennen." Jake said sternly as well, bowing his head a bit.

Jake and Brennen got along just a bit since- well I dated both. "Hey Colby I have a question." Brennen said sitting next to me. "Shoot." I said and he took a deep breath. "If I were to ask someone to be my prom date, what could I do?" Brennen asked making my heart pang a bit.

"Well, that's up to you. How do you think they would like it? Cute and simple or crowded but nice?" I asked and he seemed deep into thought. "Okay thank you baby. I appreciate it." Brennen said kissing my cheek. "Sure." I chuckled.

I thought he'd ask me.

"I have to go but I'll see you soon. Love you baby." Brennen said standing up. He kissed my lips making Jake scrunch his nose, and left. "Sorry about that Jake. He's doing it on purpose." I rolled my eyes and Jake laughed.

The bell rang and Jake and I walked to class together, since we had the same class. We sat at the back so no one would call on us, and spent the hour laughing and messing around. The subject was irrelevant anyways.

||Time Skip||
||Back At Home||

I got out of the shower and dried off before getting out of the steamy bathroom. I changed into p-jays and sprayed some cologne as well as some deodorant. I sat on my bed and grabbed my book, deciding to read since I didn't have any assignments.

As I was reading, I heard taps on my window. I marked my book and walked over confused. Before I could open the window fully, another pebble was thrown. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened it to see something I never expected.

Brennen was standing in a huge heart made of candles, holding a 'Will you be my prom date?' He was in a cute black tux holding flowers. My eyes teared up and Brennen smiled.

I took a quick photo before running down the steps. I burst out the back door and ran into Brennen's arms. I cried happy tears into his chest as he chuckled and rubbed my back. "Did you think I was going to ask someone else?" He asked me and I nodded quickly, making him laugh lightly.

"Well, that'd be my biggest mistake yet." He said and kissed my forehead. "You're in a tux." I cried happily as I laughed at him. He rolled his eyes playfully and swayed us as we stood in the heart.

"So Cole Robert Brock, will you be my prom date?" Brennen asked as we pulled away. "Yes." I laughed happily and kissed him deeply. "I.. have.. one more.. thing." He said through kisses.

"Colby will you accept this promise ring from me to you? I promise to love you with all my heart and treat you like the princess you are. I promise to be loyal and honest with you no matter what. I promise to let you hit me if I ever fuck up and I promise that maybe one day I'll be in this same position, proposing to you instead." Brennen said, now down on one knee.

"Y-Yes. Yes I will. And until then, e-expect a yes from me." I said, smiling like I've never before, happy tears running down my face. We heard a snap of a photo and looked over to see momma taking a photo of us, Oliver right by her side.

"He really does make you happy. Doesn't he?" Mom said to me and I nodded. "More than you think." I said smiling and hugged Brennen tightly.

He broke me at first. More than I already was. And now he fixed me. He made me the happiest I've ever been and I couldn't be more than thankful. He built me back up after tearing me down. He gave me what I wanted. He loved me, cared for me, and made me feel wanted.

That's all I asked for..
____________________________________________________________
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃
~~~~
|| I ENJOYED WRITING THIS STROY AND IM A BIT PROUD OF IT TO BE HONEST. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING IT AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY SPELLING MISTAKES THROUGHOUT. LOVE YOU ALL. ||

"Any one could be loved. No matter the race, sexuality, if they have a disorder of some sort, all can be loved. Don't hide your true self and never change for anyone."