Chapter [10]: First Date

< Colby's POV:

I walked into school slightly happier than usual, when I spotted Brennen waiting at the entrance for me. I head towards him and he smiled, giving me a hug. I was about to reach up and kiss his lips when he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside instead.

I was confused why he didn't accept it but I brushed it off. As soon as we walked through the school doors, he let go of my hand. I looked at him a bit hurt and confused but he just smiled assuringly.

We continued walking, me stuffing my hands in my pockets. I glanced around, and spotted a couple holding hands and kissing lightly as they smiled at each other. I looked down and continued walking, when Brennen parted ways heading to the rest of the jocks.

He could've at least said goodbye. I sighed and walked towards my locker. I grabbed my things and headed straight to class, not bothering to wait.

||Time Skip||

I sit at an empty table alone, when I spotted Brennen approaching me. I put up a weak smile as he smiled at me and sat down. "Hey." He said nonchalantly, running a hand through his hair. "H-Hi." I said leaning in for a peck but he stopped me.

I leaned back again, confused and sad. Why is he acting like this? "Brennen what's wrong?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows as I tried holding his hand. He raised it before I could hold it and ran it through his hair again.

"Nothing, just came to see you." He said smiling lightly. "What's wrong baby?" He asked in concern, lowering his voice a bit. That's unusual. "N-Nothing I'm fine." I lied sending a fake smile.

He nodded approvingly and spent half of the lunch with me before heading back to the jocks. I walked myself to class although Brennen had walked me for the past three days, and went through the rest of the day.

||Next Day||

I walked to school, confused why Brennen wasn't waiting for me but just went in alone, not really caring at the moment. A random wave of depression has recently hit me and mom has been out most nights, so I spend them alone.

All I want is to be in Brennen's arms right now. To feel his soft lips against mine. To spend some time with him. Today's currently Friday and Brennen wanted to take me out to dinner after school so maybe I'll have a chance then.

I'm a little excited since it's my first date, but I'm also very nervous and hoping it goes well.

I shut my locker and hoist my bag over my right shoulder before heading to class.

~~~
"Brennen can y-you get off your phone?" I asked softly as we sit at the lunch table. He's been on his phone the whole time as I just sit there. "Why?" He whined not glancing away from his phone once. "Because I w-want to spend time with you." I said simply.

"Don't worry baby, we have tonight as well." He mumbled. "How's your mom?" I asked trying to start a light conversation, ignoring the reject. "Good. How's yours?" He replied scrolling through. "She's been busy a lot s-so I've been spending time alone." I relied but he just nodded.

I sighed and just stared at the table, knowing he won't budge. After minutes of sitting in silence, the bell rang and I stood up grabbing my things. Brennen walked by me still on his phone until he parted ways.

I sighed again and walked into my next class just wanting the day to get over with.

||At Home||

I sit on my couch, waiting for Brennen to pick me up before we head on our date. He was supposed to pick me up at seven sharp from what I betold and it's currently forty-past seven.

I'm starting to wonder if he forgot because he seemed to be pretty busy. I keep glancing at the time, every minute feeling like an hour, and after an hour, I figured he wasn't going to show and I've been stood up on a first date.

I walked upstairs silently and changed into p-jays before hopping into bed. I didn't have anything else to do so I might as well. Wiping a tear rolling down my face, I cuddled the blankets closer to me before falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~
(I literally teared up🥺)
(751 words)
🥀