Chapter [19]: Another Chance

< Colby'sPOV:

I walk up to Jake, shaking a little. It's been almost two weeks of being together and I can't take it anymore. I like Jake and all but I still love Brennen. Jake reminds me of Brennen in ways and it hurts my heart.

"Jake I-I have to tell y-you something and I-I hope you u-understand." I said and he gestured for me to speak. "I.. I t-think w-we should b-break up." I said and shut my eyes tight, waiting for a beating or something. I felt nothing.

"I know." Jake said, surprisingly taking it well. "Y-You do?"I asked confused. He nodded and said "I see the way you look at Brennen when he passes in the hall. You still love him and I'm sure he does too. Either way, you don't belong with someone like me. I'm unintentionally abusive, and have bad anger issues. Look at what I've done to you. I'm soo sorry." He said tearing up at the end.

"I-It's okay Jake. I'd s-still want to be y-your friend." I said smiling and he nodded. "Can I have one last kiss?" He asked. "Okay." I said chuckling and leaned in joining our lips.

||Time Skip||

I walked to my locker and stuffed in my things before heading to the cafeteria. On the way, I spotted Brennen on the stairs, his head on his knees. I couldn't just walk away so I walked over.

"B-Brennen?" I asked softly and his head shot up. "Hey Colby." he said smiling weakly and moved aside so I can sit next to him. I did as so and sighed.

"How are you and Jake?" He asked but I could heat the sadness and pain in his voice. "We umm.. We're broke u-up actually." I said slowly. "Oh." He said simply and I noticed his face light up the slightest.

"How are y-you?" I asked but my eyes widened when tears brimmed his eyes some escaping.

"Colby I'm broken without you. Everything reminds me of you and I miss you soo much. I feel empty. Like nothing matters anymore.. Cause it doesn't. I get the thought of killing myself or running away but I shake them away, thinking maybe, just maybe you'll take me back one day. I'm sorry for ever hurting you, I'm sorry for breaking your heart when I promised not to, but I'm not sorry for one thing.. asking you to be mine. You were the best thing that ever happened to me and I regret ever letting you go. Colby I'm so sorry. Can you give me another chance?"

Brennen was a mess. His eyes were red, he had bags under his eyes, and his face is tear stained. "Okay." I said smiling as teared brimmed my eyes as well. "Colby you don't have to-" "I want to Brennen. I can't live without you either." I said cutting him off.

He let out a sob of relief and hugged me tightly. "God I missed you." He cried and I rubbed his back. "I missed you even more." I whispered and kissed his head.

It's good to have him back.