Chapter [12]: Safe

< Colby's POV:

Here we are, back to school once again. Brennen and I walked through the school doors and I felt nervous for some reason. Brennen noticed and held my hand in front of everyone.

Every one gasped and mumbled shit about us but Brennen calmed me down. He looked over to me and nodded smiling. I smiled back, happy he actually held my hand in front of everybody.

Brennen gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking to his class while I headed to mine, beaming.

||Time Skip||

I walked through the halls after grabbing my things from my locker and started heading to the cafeteria, about to meet Bren. As I was on the way, I heard cheering and grunts on the far hall.

I looked over and spotted a crowd circling around someone. I walked over confused and pushed through the students, receiving glares of hatred and disgust but I ignored.

My eyes widened as they landed on two boys fighting. But that's not what shocked me. What shocked me was that it was boyfriend and my bully.

Asher threw a punch, coming in contact with Brennen's jaw causing him to stumble down. "Brennen!" I screeched in worry, pushing through everyone.

I entered the circle of the cheering croud and stood in front of Brennen protectively, arms out to my ides as I shielded him. Asher laughed mockingly as he stared at me with a smirk.

"Aww do you not want me to beat up your boyfriend again? How cute!" He cooed and threw a sudden punch to face. I dropped next to Brennen, holding my face in pain as I groaned. I touched my nose carefully and surely, it was bleeding.

Asher kicked me in the stomach harshly while Brennen tried regaining consciousness to my side. I yelped in pain and clenched my stomach tightly, curling into myself for protection. Asher lifted his leg again, about to kick me, when I felt nothing. No pain.

Brennen was over me, shielding me with his body as he took the punches and kicks for me. "Brennen n-no." I whispered and tried moving him off. He's taking the pain for me.

The lights slowly faded along with the sounds around me until my vision turned fully black, and I passed out.

||At Brennen's House||

I woke up on a comfortable bed, feeling something warm next to me. I looked over and saw Brennen sleeping peacefully, though he looked physically horrible..

His lip was busted, he had a black eye and had other bruises all around his body. "You know, it's not nice to stare." Brennen suddenly mumbled, eyes still closed.

He slowly opened his eyes and chuckled noticing my faint blush. "Why did you t-take the hits for me Brennen? You could've gotten hurt worse than you already did." I sighed guiltily.

"I said it once and I'll say it again, I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe, Colby. Even if I'm risking my life for it." Brennen said staring softly into my eyes as we were now both facing each other.

I smiled and leaned in kissing his lips softly. He winced at the bruise and I quickly pulled back. "I-I'm sorry." I gasped. Brennen huffed and grabbed me before pulling me closer.

He smashed his lips against mine and wrapped his arm around my waist. "I will not let a simple bruise stop me from kissing those God damn lips." He growled as he pulled me on top of him.

I whimpered slightly at his tone causing him to smirk evilly. "I love it when you're scared of me." He whispered darkly and I shivered.

He flipped us over, now hovering above me as he held me by my forearms. "Mmm~" He hummed kissing my neck.

Suddenly, he just dropped down and let go of me, sliding down a bit and wrapping his arms around my waist as he laid on my stomach.

He lifted my shirt up a bit and pecked my stomach before laying his head down again. I chuckled and ran my hands through his hair as I stared at the ceiling.

With that, we both fell back to sleep. It was a sore, but peaceful sleep.