Chapter [18]: Not Too Honest

< Colby's POV:

There's one thing Jake didn't mention in our dates and before he asked me to be his.. Jake has anger issues and is bipolar. He gets mad easily and becomes really violent at times. He explained to me that he was scared that I wouldn't want to date him if he told me.

He thought I'd think he's a monster like everyone else does. But I don't think that. It's not his fault and no one should be called a monster.

...

I gave mom a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye before walking out. Mom has been doing really well and she's been trying her hardest to make me happy. She supports me and accepts who I am.

I walked over to Jake smiling lightly and gave him a kiss. Jake's been walking me too school every day and I think it's adorable.

We walked in silence a bit when I noticed his mood wasn't too happy. I assume he's mad or angry so I'll try not to piss him off.

"Jake are you o-okay?" I asked softly yet worried. He squeezed my side tight making me wince but keep quiet. I continued walking, head low as I tried to not ask him anything he might get mad of.

~~~~~
I was eating my lunch silently, when suddenly I was turned around and slapped in the face. I held my cheek in shock and pain as tears brimmed my eyes. I looked up slowly and Jake was towering over me, eyes dark and face red.

I held in my tears as gasps were heard here and there. "Let's go." Jake growled and grabbed my wrist tight. He dragged me out the cafeteria, tightening his grasp. "You couldn't wait for me!!" Jake yelled as we were now in the empty hall.

He slapped me again and punched me in the stomach before I can answer. "I've done everything for you and you can't even wait?!" He yelled again and punched me in the face. "J-Jake I'm s-sorry!" I yelped and he kept hitting me.

I slid down the lockers and covered my head a he kept hitting and kicking me. "Ungrateful!" He yelled and pulled me back up. He dragged me away, as tears rolled down my face, and we entered the cafeteria.

Bruises coated my arms and neck, my eye is turning black and my lip is busted. Everyone stared in shock and fear as we walked by them. We sat back down and Jake ordered me to continue my food.

I did as so and picked up the fork, my hand shaking rapidly. I put the food in my mouth, wincing as I tried to chew. "I-I'm f-f-full." I whispered avoiding eye contact. He slapped me in the face again and glared at me. "Don't waste food. Eat it. Now." He said through gritted teeth and I shakily picked up the fork, tears constantly dripping down my face.

||Next Day||

I walk into school with new bruises all around my body. Jake insisted I have a movie night with him and I agreed. I though it would be nice.

We were sitting on the couch cuddling when suddenly he got a text angering him. The rest of the night was spent, me being abused as Jake took out his anger on me. Cries, whimpers and pleads then filled the empty house.

He eventually made it up to me and apologized like no one has ever apologized before. We then ended the night with a small make out session.

...

"Colby." Jake said making me flinch. "Y-Yes?" I stuttered as I walk next to him. "You zoned out." He said again. "I-I'm s-s-sorry." I whimpered and braced myself.

"Colby it's alright." Jake said and held my hand in his. "What the fuck are you staring at?!" Jake yelled at the students and they scrambled away.

"I love you baby. Don't think otherwise." Jake said smiling down at me.

I smiled back lightly, wincing a bit at the pressure on my black eye. He kissed me passionatly and slowly wrapped an arm around me.

Jake may be bipolar, he may have really bad anger issues, and abuse me a lot but that doesn't mean I don't love him.

I just don't know how longer I can take the constant abuse..