Chapter [8]: Brennen

< Colby's POV:

I head towards my locker and open it up before stuffing in my unneeded books. I grabbed the needed and almost shut the door, when it was shut for me. I was suddenly turned around and slammed against the lockers making me groan in pain.

I looked up in question and surely, it was Brennen. I avoided eye contact as my heart raced. "W-What do you w-want, B-Brennen?" I whispered as my heart hurt remembering yesterday.

"I want you to keep your mouth shut. You bring up anything to anyone about yesterday I'll make your life worse than it already is. I'll give you the worst beat ups and will expose you to the whole school." Brennen threatened, tightening his grip on me.

"I doubt m-my life can get any w-worse, Brennen . Y-You took away m-my first k-kiss, might as w-well fuck me while y-you're at it. You b-bullied me when I-I've done nothing wrong. Y-You now t-threatened to beat me u-up if I spoke a word. Everyone h-hates my guts. You ruined my l-life. I'm pretty s-sure you can't make it any w-worse." I rambled as tears wet my cheeks like they've done for the past months.

Brennen backed away slightly and caught my wrist before lifting my sleeves. There, my cuts lingered. Fresh ones. "D-Did you do that because of.. m-me?" He whispered and I pulled my hand away, looking down as tears dripped.

"Colby t-talk to me. Did you d-do it because of me?" He said again, lifting my chin. "Y-Yes." I whispered and hugged myself. "Oh my god.." he whispered in shock and a single tear dripped down his face.

Brennen dragged me into the bathroom and sat me on the counter before grabbing soaked paper towels. He gently placed it against my cuts and told me to keep it there. He wiped away my tears and returned to cleaning my cuts.

"W-Why are you doing t-this?" I sniffled as I looked down at my hands. Brennen stopped and sighed. "When I first came to this school, I just wanted to be normal. I didn't want too much attention or none at all. After hanging out with Asher and the jocks, I.. I don't know what happened, I guess I got influenced. I'm so sorry Colby. I admit I had taken it too far. I know you'll never forgive me but please know I'm sorry." Brennen said as tears ran down his face.

"I have to a-admit something." He said again, looking down. "Colby.. I.. I like you a lot. Not in a friend way. I tried denying it and convincing myself I wasn't bi for you but I am. I might even be gay. I'm not sure but I do know that I like you. A lot. Y-You probably don't feel the same and I understand that but-"

I cut him off my grabbing his face and kissing his lips. He quickly kissed back and pulled me closer, yet I quickly broke it off once I realized what I've done. "No.. I can't." I whispered and moved away slightly.

"Why?" Brennen whispered back. "I'll have my heart b-broken. I don't want t-to get hurt any f-further." I muttered.

"What do you want Colby? What do you want exactly?" Brennen asked lifting my chin but I still avoided his eyes. "All I want is to be loved and cared for, Brennen. I just want love." I whispered and my teary eyes finally met his beautiful green ones.

"Then let me love you." He whispered as he grabbed my chin, his lips now inches away from mine. I shuddered as his warm breath hit against mine. I glanced at his lips then back up into his eyes.

"Let me love you, Colby. Let me treat you right." Brennen said softly as he leaned in closer. I closed the gap between us and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

Am I falling in love..? With my bully?
...

~~~~
(700 words)
🥀