FY 21

It's their usual hang out, Heiji and the others are in the living room. Shiho still occupying herself by focusing on the antidote, she always hits dead end but its not enough reason to stop on looking for the best way to give Shinichi's normal life, back.

Heiji barely join their conversation, actually- everyone are the same, especially Shiho who is utterly quiet.

"Uhm.. I'll just go back to my room. I need to finish my paper." Heiji said as he stands up.

Everyone in the room spared one last glance on him but Shiho's lingers for a while.

~

Kaito knocked on the door before entering Heiji's room. He did not lie, he is busy on his papers. Kaito found him on his study table, it seems like he is drowning himself into whatever he's doing.

Kaito silently sit on his bed.

"What is it?" Heiji says.

"Nothing, just go on and continue."

Heiji sighed. "I'm busy to even have a talk with you."

"That's why I said, continue whatever you're doing."

"Your presence is irritating me."

"Ouch!" Kaito dramatically put his hand on his chest and acted hurt.

Heiji, once again- irritatingly sighed before leaning on his swivel chair, moving it so he can face Kaito that is now laying on his bed while his hand is still on his chest.

He stares at him for a while, battling if he should tell Kaito his talk with Shinichi.

"Shinichi asked me about his girlfriend ." is what he suddenly utter before he decided to kept it to his own self. Worrying about this matter alone is the least thing he wanted.

It took a while before Kaito understand, his eyebrows cease both in confusion and realization.

"You mean, Shiho?" Kaito stupidly said, there's no other girl that Shinichi dated. She's the first.

Heiji let a nod, his face becoming gloomy.

"Wait wait, does that mean--?"

"No, he didn't remember her. I think, he discover it- somehow." Heiji.

"What do you mean somehow?" Kaito raised his tone a bit.

"I don't know okay?" Heiji raised it as well. "I'm not so sure how and when he learned that he got a girlfriend!"