FY 26

Shinichi stayed in his room the whole night, his father asked him for dinner but he told him he was tired. As for his mother, he knew that she is with her .

Morning, he barely slept- his bags under his eyes became noticable. When he decided to go and wash up, the letter fell from his hand, his heart begin to ache once again.

Forcefully closing his eyes, he avoided the letter and finally go to his comfort room to do what he planned first.

Shinichi was frozen under the shower, even though he was awake the whole night, thinking- he's still doing it in the shower.

No matter how hard he wants to avoid Shiho, his forgotten feelings he had for her and just be with Ran, upon reading the letter- the will inside of him to stop exploring his hidden feelings for the girl, which was Shiho, is now slowly breaking.

He needs to see her.

He needs to know more, he needs to risk his life because he wants to go on, he can't be always stuck in the middle, too afraid to hurt Ran and just ignoring Shiho's existence. He needs to really make a decision

Shinichi exited his room after getting ready to go to Professor Agasa to ask where Shiho might be- and he knew the old man will not answer but he is planning to beg just to have his answers this time.

"Kaito Kid.." He utter, taken a back at the thief's appearance.

The guy in front of Shinichi looks so uncomfortable upon seeing him. Flashbacks of the scene back in the hospital starts to show up inside Shinichi's mind.

Kaito, Heiji and the girl from the hospital seems so close to Shiho, that even Kid blamed him for what happened to her. Which is, partly true.

"Kudo.." Kaito said back.

For a moment, Shinichi felt a little pain inside him. The fact that Kaito is now looking at him with so much cautiousness inside his eyes, as if he is some stranger, is enough to make him feel sadder than he already was.

Right, after everything that happened with them, is he expecting Kaito to give him his usual wide grin? Show him his unnecessary friendliness? Just after everything that he learned from the previous days, Shinichi can now understand them- not yet fully, but hes not clueless as he was.

Kudo, huh?

They had their formalities back like in the past but this time, Kaito uttering his surname seems, somehow new.

Right, assuming that they have gotten closer back to the time when he was in the US, it's really is possible for Shinichi to feel weird because of Kaito's aloofness now.

"Can we talk?" Shinichi suddenly utter, gaining courage to finally face something that he should have done before.

Kaito hesitated at first, since he is not emotionally stable but decided to nod in the end. He then called one of his bodyguards to get his things- the reason why he is in the Kudo mansion was to get them because they will be leaving. He's the last one to gather his things. Both take a seat in the living room

Kaito tried to get comfortable around Shinichi, but- for him, it's a bit impossible since Shinichi is kinda different now. No, don't blame him.

This sucks. Kaito let a sigh unconsciously but for Shinichi, it seems like he's tired of talking to him.

"It's about, Haibara."

Kaito flinches. Calling her in her kid's name because Shinichi is not used to call her Shiho or his usual pet name for her 'Shi' is making it more uncomfortable for Kai. His immediate response was to crinkle his forehead, If hes- by chance tell me to forget or never bring  upShiho into their lives, I'll flip. Next was his hands that are both on his sides while sitting and facing Shinichi turns into fists.