FY 29

xoxo

Two Years Later

Heiji took a deep breath while staring outside the window of the bus he is in.

He smile a little as he feel calm and peace. Heiji was snapped out of his thought when he felt something a little heavy fell on his shoulder.

There, he found a sleeping Akako. Unconsciously, the smile widen. She looks so tired but this time, there's not even a small trace of pain.

The first year without Kaito and Shinichi was pure torture, the remaining year was enough to heal them little by little.

"Akako, we're here." He gently nudge her.

"Hn.." As soon as she wakes up, she saw Heiji picking her books up and then he urge her to stand up.

"What should we eat for dinner?" He asked after getting off the bus.

Akako yawned making Heiji smile a little because she looks a little cute while covering her small mouth.

"It's my turn to cook so, how about we order some take out?" She playfully suggest.

Heiji chuckles while walking side by side with her, he teasingly mess her hair. "Sneaky little one."

xoxo

Two Years Ago

Kaito and Akako are both sneaking a few glances at the silent Heiji, he looks so tired and worn out. Pity arise inside of them.

It seems like, Akako is the only one who's not emotionally drained in their group. Shiho and Shinichi are in the worst situation whilst Kaito and Heiji are next to them.

As they approach the place where Akako's mansion is, the road became too unstable- causing Shiho to sway a bit. Heiji immediately come to her rescue as he wrap his arm around her and hold her hand gently.

Seeing that she doesn't show any emotions, saddens Heiji but he smile a little afterwards. 'Youre going to be okay.' He thought.

His actions touched Akako, he truly does care a lot for her.

"We're here." Akako stated.

"FINALLYYY!" Kaito immediately get out of the car and start to stretch his body.

"Welcome back, young lady." Akako's Butler greeted them.

They got welcomed by some of the maids. Akako told them to take a rest while her servants prepare some light snacks for them.

They took their time to rest before unpacking their things. Kaito bought only a few of his things since his house is not that far from there compare to tokyo.

¨Hello?¨ Kaito answered his phone, not far from him is Akako.

¨Aoko.."Kaito's soft tone took her off guard but she manage to mask her expression.

To divert her attention away from him, her eyes landed on Heiji and Shiho.

Heiji is talking to her like always, even though he's not really alright at the moment. Akako was reminded of her talk with Kaito, he told her that Heiji was also persistent on checking on Shinichi when he was hospitalized back then. He's really one of a kind friend.

Diverting her attention was a success.

xoxo

¨Young lady..¨