60. A Much Needed Break Part II

Two Weeks Later...

Trina

We were on Cat Island which is about 50 miles south east of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. We stayed at Sammy T's and had nothing, but good things to say about the island or the resort. The kids loved it and so did we. For the entire time we were on Cat Island I felt like we had our own private island virtually to ourselves. Our timing was perfect. We went out to the beach to let the kids build sand castles and play in the water. The blue water was beautiful. I'd stay here forever if it meant I'd wake up to this every day.

To enjoy Cat Island you have to be prepared for tranquility, peace and inactivity. A bit of reading on the beach, a bit of swimming, a little snorkeling, a long shore-side walk, which Darius and I took advantage of, and then some, maybe take a nap, maybe a cocktail, that's your average Cat Island day, that's at least what I learned from some of the people that I met one night here. The nights mainly involve dinner, more cocktails, and possibly watching a DVD. When we wanted to have fun we had to leave Cat Island. We didn't mind really, because we'd have so much fun off the island we'd come back to peace and quiet.

We did take a couple of bike rides, but that didn't work out cause T ass kept falling off. So he just said fuck it. On our first bike ride, we seen small houses, farm fields, neighborhood schools, and convenience stores that are peppered along Cat Island's main street.

When we went out in the car we discovered the island's sites, such as the resorts on the tips of the island, the island's airports, and the Hermitage on

Mt. Alvernia, a scale model abbey on the island's highest point. It was a bit of a climb, 206 feet, but really worth it. I'm not saying I'd do it again, cause I won't, it was just about the experience.

Sometimes we spent several days without seeing a single other person on our half a mile long, palm lined white sand beach. We'd be asked at dinner what we wanted for lunch the next day, and at lunch what we wanted for dinner. Everything we ate was custom caught, purchased, and made specially for us. We lived in the lap of luxury and the peak of peace for our entire stay.

Zadarius

We were still in the Bahamas. We really needed to get away from the city drama and relax. Cat Island really did that for us. Some days we switched up activities on what we would do. Anything involving swimming T didn't want to do cause he said and I quote that "All these sea animals are racist and like for me to be naked for them." I didn't even bother to say anything once he told me that. I left it and him alone.

"You made sure you packed everything and didn't leave anything?" I asked Trina. Tomorrow was our last day here and I wanted to be packed and ready so all we had to do was leave.

"Darius ask me that again and you're going to be sleeping on the beach tonight." She said.

"You gon' be sleeping on the beach." I said.

"Is that so?" I nodded picking up up.

"Zadarius put me down before I hurt you." Trina yelled laughing.

"Nope."

▪ Trina ▪

Why Zadarius wanna play tho?

"Ha ha mommy!" The kids laughing pointing at me.

"Ha ha wait till I get down!"

"Noooo!"

"Throw her daddy!"

"Yeah throw her daddy!" T mimicked. I felt myself hit the water. I'm going to kill him. I came back up and they were laughing at me.

"I'm going to get all y'all back. Watch!" I yelled. They just walked away. Rude asses.

We were finally back at home. I missed being in the Bahamas. I missed the water, the sand, the food, the drinks, every damn thing. But I was still happy to be back to my own home.

Now it's time to get back in the game and start back making this money, sending the kids off to school, and getting back to what we do best. Spending those two weeks in the Bahamas with my family was more then I could ask for. It was truly a much needed break.