message delivered.

It is 9:34 pm. This rain is not helping me to drive. The road is a bit dark all I can see is the cars passing by me and just a few people walking down the street. This side of the city is calmer, so I understood why my parents decided to buy a house here.

I park the car in my garage and I turn the lights on, to see a messy garage waiting for me to clean it. I open the wood door, facing the staircase to my entrance hall. After a few steps, the light turns on instantly. I take my shoes off before stepping on the carpet. Nothing like coming home after a long day of work.

I rapidly head towards the fireplace to put a spark on the chuckles of wood. All I want to do right now is heat up a frozen lasagna, drink some tea, maybe watch some Netflix and take a hot shower.

The piece of paper is in my jeans' pocket. I leave the bathroom rolled up in my towel, holding the clothes I was wearing in one hand and the paper in the other. Should I text him? Or call him?

These are stupid questions that I need to answer. If I text him the same day he gave me his phone number, would it look like I'm desperate for attention? If I don't do anything at all, he will know that something is going, because he told he wanted to know me because we're acting together, so why wouldn't why text him right?

I get my phone. Suddenly, Garrett comes in my mind. I should text him first.

me: i'm gonna text him

I lock the screen and my first instinct is to bite my nails. I count the seconds until he replies to me with an illuminated text that is gonna save me. After a minute or so, a notification from him pops up on my screen.

gat: i thought u guys were already going on a date

gat: have u not texted him yet?

Oh, Lord.

me: i haven't yet

gat: what are u waitin for?

me: okay, I'm gonna text him rn

gat: tmrw huh?

me: tmrw

I get the piece of paper and sit on my bed. Dialing his number is harder than it looks like. I'm hesitant about it. I think Garrett was right: I am catching feelings. This was not the plan. I save it up as rami and quickly go to the messages. Hi. This is boring. Hey you. This sounds I'm being sassy. Hello? That's too formal, are you gonna do his taxes? I'll just write hey and see what happens.

me: hey

Oh fuck, I did it. Why am I so nervous? Chill Domi. Everything is gonna be fine.

No response. It's been 38 seconds since I sent the message. I get up, remembering I'm still in my towel and walk towards the closet. From the piles of clothes, I take this big old shirt of The Doors and grey sweatpants as pajamas. The smell of washed clothes is strong. I can't sleep in this cold weather without my warm funny socks. I get to the drawer and get my pair of donut socks.

Message delivered.

He didn't see it yet.

This was a mistake.

rami: i thought you would never text me.