2

I slowly lowered myself into the tub. After pushing and pulling my body to it's earthly limits for hours on end, this soak is needed. My toes are raw and near bloodshed. Steam rose from the water. It was hot but it felt good. I rest my head against the tile and let my mind wander off. It always finds it's way to Christine, better known as Miss Bell. My instructor. She's one of the youngest and best teachers at the University. She had the opportunity to dance for one of the most prodigious and sought-after dance companies in the world, but she turned it down to teach. I think she may be crazy but she's a brilliant dancer. Plus, a recommendation from her could land me in a lot of good luck if I played my cards right. Without warning the bathroom door opens. I scramble to cover my exposed body.
"Olivia!" I hiss.
She rolls hers eyes at me as though I've wronged her.
"It's nothing I haven't seen before. We used to date, remember?" Olivia flipped her immaculately long blonde hair over her shoulder and took a seat on the lid of the toilet. She was stunning.
"Yeah. Used to. It's not really yours to see anymore." I close my eyes and try to relax again. Liv's lighter flickers like a familiar song that we both know by heart now. We've been singing this song since highschool. Her sharp inhale and the passing of the joint was ceremonial. Olivia placed it in my mouth since my hands were wet. I let the smoke dance in my lungs a little before exhaling. Repeat. She takes it back.
"In here touching yourself and daydreaming about your dance teacher?" Liv teases. We may not have worked out as lovers but we are best friends. She knows me better than anyone.
I side eye her. "Jealous I'm not daydreaming about you?"
She puts the joint between my lips and shrugs. "I could be," she says in all seriousness.
I inhale and give her a skeptical look.
"We weren't supposed to be in a relationship, obviously, but the sex was good." Olivia explained.
She had a point. I was never left unsatisfied.
"I mean. . . we'd make perfect friends with benefits." Olivia continues.
I choke on my own breath. She starts to laugh.
"Hear me out." She says.
I'm beginning to think she already too high, but I humor her anyway. "Okay Liv."
She hits the blunt again and exhales. "The reason the friends with benefits thing never works for people is because they start catching feelings and get curious about a relationship with the other person, buuuut we already did that! We can just skip that part." A smug smirk slides on to her face. I can tell she's proud of herself for such an epiphany.
"And when one of us eventually wants to stop?" I ask.
"Then we stop. No questions asked. The only rule is if you start sleeping with someone else, you have to call it off. Safety and shit."
I laugh. "Safety and shit." I nod and place my hands over my face. They're warm and smell like lavender. "You've put some thought into this I see." I say. I look at Olivia long and hard. Her smooth olive skin was blemish free. Her eyes blue enough to be mistaken for two oceans. She was beautiful.
"It's hard not to when you're prancing around in little to nothing."
I smirk devilishly. "Okay."
Her eyebrows rise in surprise. "Okay what?"
"Let's do it but if you start seeing someone, I want to stop. Even if you're not having sex." I feel like that could get messy.
"When do we start?" Olivia asked.
"We can start whenever you're ready." I tell her.
Olivia ashed the blunt. "Now."